oil pressure sender fitting size - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

oil pressure sender fitting size

is this boss oring -4????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: oil pressure sender fitting size

I have seen someone post that it is but don't know for sure.

If you have a -4 JIC or AN fitting laying around try screwing it into the threads. If it is the same then it is -4 ORB

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

i cant seem to find my box of hydraulic fittings, oh well i got some 1/8" npt bungs so im gonna burn one in for a sender for a REAL oil pressure gauge

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
is this boss oring -4????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
Yes, it is.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

too bad i cant find anybody that makes a -4 oring boss to 1/8npt female, im just gonna drill it out and put a 1/8" npt weld in bung for the pressure gauge. ive had it in a hole i d&t'ed but since the stupid sender you cant use thread sealant on it seeps since you cant get it tight enough. i wish i could have gotten theese senders in oring boss.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Why no thread sealant? Are the threads the ground for the sender? I would try using just a small amount of pipe dope and then check the resistance with the meter to see.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

yeah the sender grounds through the threads, thats why i was gonna put that bung in there so i can get it a bit tighter. but the oring boss is so much better for this situation, i was gonna try to run it in till it seats some then use a little grey rtv on the last couple top threads and run it down the rest of the way. atleast the senders are 1/8npt so its a real fine thread i just dont want it to leak at all.

oh yeah one other one does anybody know what thread the coolant temp threads are? i cant remember what it was havent had it out in a long time.

im workin on getting my new oil, and fuel pressure in, coolant temp, and fuel level. for theese im just using the cyberdyne digitals, i like just having the digital with idiot lights. i wanted the spa gauges like my pyro/boost but the cost.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
PSN Veteran

You might want to call Bill at Dfuser. He has a fitting that is used for installing a fuel pressure gauge that might be -4 ORB.

http://www.dfuser.com/mfg/powerstrok...ther/Other.php
It's at the bottom of that page.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

SWEET!! thats the fitting so now i shouldnt have to worry about welding that bung in place and since the adapter is steel i can get the sender goodentight and not worry about overtightning into the aluminum. and $10 aint worth all the prep time to get the tank clean enough to tig it and i dont know if that cast al will weld up worth a turd

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Like I said before you better confirm that the fitting is a -4 ORB before you order.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode