Gtndrty's Motor Thread - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Exclamation Gtndrty's Motor Thread

So I was looking for a coolant leak and this is what I found.

I changed the oil cooler o-rings and noticed I was still loosing coolant, but I was just getting a film in the crankcase. So then I pulled all of the injectors and checked for a cup leaking. Didn't find anything wrong there so I figured it had to be a head gasket. Since the inside of the drivers side valve cover looked worse than the pass. side, I removed that head first. The gasket was leaking into #2 cylinder. I don't know what would've caused the damage to the top of the piston because the head looks good and the glowplug tip is still there. You can't tell in the pic but there's a ridge down the side of the cylinder wall also.

Currently this is where I'm at on the project now.

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Re: Gtndrty's Motor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtndrty View Post
So I was looking for a coolant leak and this is what I found.

I changed the oil cooler o-rings and noticed I was still loosing coolant, but I was just getting a film in the crankcase. So then I pulled all of the injectors and checked for a cup leaking. Didn't find anything wrong there so I figured it had to be a head gasket. Since the inside of the drivers side valve cover looked worse than the pass. side, I removed that head first. The gasket was leaking into #2 cylinder. I don't know what would've caused the damage to the top of the piston because the head looks good and the glowplug tip is still there. You can't tell in the pic but there's a ridge down the side of the cylinder wall also.

Currently this is where I'm at on the project now.
Just don't tell us you are going to the dark side.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So whats the plan of action now?

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Well that's another long a$$ story. I bought a used 96 psd.
Wanna hear the whole story?

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Let's hear the story. Might help someone, myself included?

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

I'll do my best.
Bigdogg over at TDS had a '96 motor with 96K on it. He told me it was complete, ready to drop in and run. It came out of a buddys truck that got t-boned in the bed in NC. He didn't have compression #'s but said it was running good when they pulled it. I paid him $2600 for it shipped from Somerset,PA to SW Kansas. From the day he received my cashiers check it took him 30 days to get me the motor. Said he was gone and the freight company didn't get it picked up. When I received the motor it had a shipping label that said Big Dog Sales on it, even though I sent him a check in his name. Once I got the saran wrap off the motor I noticed alot of things wrong with it. For one they used a cut up seat belt tied trhu the lift eyes to lift it with. That along with the shipping label made me think it came from a salvage yard, one thing I was trying to stay away from. The dipstick is held in the oil pan with a bunch of rtv, it has a broken exhaust manifold bolt, the intake is missing along with the fuel filter canister, the cps and the complete wiring and a few other sensors. The oil pan itself is all beat up and the turbo looks trashed. And for only having 96K on it I think it's unusual that the hpop has been replaced and the fuel lines from the fuel pump have been replaced. It also has a drivers side vc that has a filler neck or something like it coming up on the front side of it. He did give me his phone # so when I finally got ahold of him he said that he runs a truck repair shop and his helper was taking some of the items off that motor because they were going to put it in his personal pickup, but it was going to take to much to convert it to the newer style so he found a newer motor and decided to use it and sell this one. He said all the missing parts were probably on the workbench and he would send them to me. That was over month ago. He never would comment on the other problems just kept talking around them. Then I lost him on the phone. Now he won't return any of my pm's thru TDS and won't return my phone messages I leave him.

Click on my Webshots link and then click on the PSD Motor link to see a few pics of the motor I received. It should be all the pics on the first page in that album.

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Linky no worky,

Tuned by T Wildman
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

I told you guys it was long.

Try the link again, I think I fixed it.

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Ok it worked.

Tuned by T Wildman
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Damn sorry you got hosed. I had saw his ads over there and wondered how he always had stuff. Sounds more like he has a wrecking yard.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode