let my girlfriend drive my truck!!!!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Death Row Inmate #7

Unhappy let my girlfriend drive my truck!!!!!!

i derned sure won't do that again, that's for sure ! i told her to downshift from 5th to 4th and she tried to put it in reverse!!! it grinded for about 3 seconds before she actually heard me yelling, "PUT IT IN NEUTRAL!!!!!". so now if i don't put it in 1st gear before putting it in reverse it will pop out of reverse and grind on the gear until i put it back in neutral. does this mean my reverse synchronizer is out? what else could be wrong with it?

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:26 AM

Re: let my girlfriend drive my truck!!!!!!

I had this happen on a Ranger one time. The synchros were "bound up" for lack of a better description.

I was stuck and shifting from 1st to R back and forth hard.

It would not even stay in R if I didn't hold it in, very tightly, and if I gave it too much throttle it would pop out.

One day in the driveway I coaxed and coaxed and coaxed it in reverse and it began to hold more and more throttle without popping out. Then it eventually went back to its old self.

I don't know if that will help you or not, but it fixed mine from popping out.

Good luck
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
OBS junkie

Hey can you help teach me how to drive a stick some time?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Got 'Er Did

girlfriends are very hard on stuff i agree

mine just got her nails done this week and somehow managed to crack my towing mirror lense while pushing the whole unit out.........how does that work?

2009 Mustang GT Premium 5spd
BBK Long Tube Headlers and Off Road X Pipe
waiting for the squeeze
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 F350 Crew Long 4x4 Dually
Powerstroke
Auto
4 inch MBRP
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 AM
OBS junkie

Quote:
girlfriends are very hard on stuff i agree

mine just got her nails done this week and somehow managed to crack my towing mirror lense while pushing the whole unit out.........how does that work?

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Maybe I am lucky, wife does not want to drive my truck. She did once up in Big Bear, snowing, me with a dislocated shoulder, her driving home. I told her she needed to go slow in the turns because a pick up is light in the rear, not like a car. I kept telling her but she would not slow down, until we spun out. You can imagine I was quite angry in all my pain. Fortunitally we made it home. However I drove the last 30 miles of mounatin road to get home because I did not trust her. She has not driven my truck since by her own choosing.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
X Racer

Most reverse in manual transmissions have no sychros. They weren't made to shift from forward to reverse in motion-so no need to sychro. Might have lost some metal or burred the ends of the gear teeth. Hopefully they will mesh in time like gregrobs. They should if burred a little.

Contact Racer X USA for Fully Custom built transmissions, Torque Converters & Valve Bodies.

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: let my girlfriend drive my truck!!!!!!

I have a friend that I let drive mine a couple weeeks ago ( Too many Rum n cokes ) She just smilled and kept saying this thing runs better that any Ford PSD she's ever driven.

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Elmo needs a big kiss

Sorry to hear about your truck travis, hope it straightens it self out.

I guess I'm lucky. My wife used to drive big gas company trucks during the summers in ohio working for her dads company. I still don't really like letting her drive it but I trust her. There's a total of about 3 people other than me that I have or would ever let drive my truck. My dad... used to drive semi's, my wife and one of my friends.

Alan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
97F350 CC 4x4, DIY intake,4"exhaust,5 pos chip from Cale,BTS Tranny,Beans Stage II's, D66, Beans fuel, Comp 910s, ,Hypermax IC...etc...etc
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
I have a friend that I let drive mine a couple weeeks ago ( Too many Rum n cokes ) She just smilled and kept saying this thing runs better that any Ford PSD she's ever driven.
Well, she was probably right...Rum N Cokes or not.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode