What is normal HPO pressure under load? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
All Ford Guy

Question What is normal HPO pressure under load?

What is normal HPO pressure under load?

I have been watching my HPO presure since replacing o-rings and via my EASE scanner, I am seeing high 2,400s and an occasional bump over 2,500 psi under heavy accel but not actually towing.
Now I know the scanner reads off of the ICP so it may be a little different than an actual HPO gauge.
Jody at DP-Tuner was telling be that he does necessarily increase HPO (at least on the tow and Econo 80 that I have) but smooths out the factory values in the programming. I never did ask him what the absolute values I should be seeing are.

I know we always talk about the system running at "up to" 3,000 psi but I suppose that could be the ol' hypothetical ideal situation.

What are you all seeing?

TIA!

God bless,

TC

97 F350 CC LB 4x4, ZF-5, LUK, Off-Road. Factory Alcoas, Michelin LTX-M/S LT265/75-16, Bilsteins. Homegrown intake, 4" exhaust, LUK clutch, 130cc injectors, 99+ intercooler, homegrown CCV mod, homegrown electric fuel system, still sorting out tuning/chip burns.
2003 Tahoe 27' Travel Trailer, Prodigy brake controller.
1991 5.0 LX - Best 1/4: [email protected]
1989 Taurus SW (To be like Tom S!)
Link to my Intercooler/Fuel System Install page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:23 AM

Re: What is normal HPO pressure under load?

2400 is good for your mods, I suspect you would see it drop on a WOT run in your hottest chip setting.

I run up 3600+ right now, and just got my chip reburned for 3850, but you'll never see that on a stock HPOP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
All Ford Guy

I copy that, thanks!

From what you have been doing, that sounds like a simple adjustment for the tuners eh?

TC

97 F350 CC LB 4x4, ZF-5, LUK, Off-Road. Factory Alcoas, Michelin LTX-M/S LT265/75-16, Bilsteins. Homegrown intake, 4" exhaust, LUK clutch, 130cc injectors, 99+ intercooler, homegrown CCV mod, homegrown electric fuel system, still sorting out tuning/chip burns.
2003 Tahoe 27' Travel Trailer, Prodigy brake controller.
1991 5.0 LX - Best 1/4: [email protected]
1989 Taurus SW (To be like Tom S!)
Link to my Intercooler/Fuel System Install page -

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 01:25 AM

I know Jody has plenty of experience with it.

From the very little I know it's not super simple to do in the programming, but Jody has it nailed.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
All Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
I know Jody has plenty of experience with it.

From the very little I know it's not super simple to do in the programming, but Jody has it nailed.
Yeah, read all about the Live Tuning at Tom's place, wish I could have been there. I have dealt with Jody on the phone, nice guy.

TC
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Terminator Nation

Using a SD HPOP with my splitshot Maddog 160 stage II injectors, the HPO pressure at WOT would hold at 2700 psi up to around 90 mph. Readings courtesy of Joey's laptop/AE just before he installed the TE pump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode