Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

95 7.3 won't rev past 1200RPM

5K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Patrick Feeley 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a 95 cc dually 7.3 diesel that starts up and idles fine sounds good. When I put into drive or even in neutral or park it won't rev passed 1200RPM? I just replaced the IPR, CPS 3 times and oil, oil filter, no leaks anywhere IDM also replaced with 2 known good ones? Does anyone know what this could be? Is it something db I overlooking? Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#10 ·
#11 ·
tried taking a pic but i need a third arm. unplug the connector, switch your multi meter to ohm's, the top two terminals are where you need to be, at idle mine read .834 ohm's. slowly pres the pedal and the ohm's should gradually go up to somewhere bellow 5.0 ohm's.

#12 ·
Definately ohm the TPS to check and see if its good. But I noticed while watching your video, that your fuel filter cap isn't motorcraft. I would use motorcraft filters and filter cap.

#16 ·
You could always undo the downpipe clamp and move the DP enough to look at the valve's position. Cheers!

#17 ·
Ok I replaced the fuel filter, and started it up today.. No change still won't rev up? I took a pic of my ebpv because I can not move it? I unhooked the metal bar that controls it and tried to push it forward or back and it would not budge at all? Is that normal? Is it hard to move??? Let me know as for the tps I will ohm it out tomorrow. Due to loss of light..

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#18 ·
With the actuator rod disconnected, you should be able to move it without any problems. You may end up needing to remove the valve to free it up (maybe try some carb cleaner). Cheers!

#20 ·
Ok so I finally had time to get back on here. Well I got the ebpv off to take a look and well it welded it self shut some how... I hit it a couple times with a hammer and it loosened up.. But I notice that the turbo pedestal is leaking.. So now I am just going to eliminate the headache and delete the ebpv all together my question is how the heck do I get the turbo off. It seems like there is no way to get the bottom bolts off where it connects to the exhaust which only tells me one thing it's a pain in the ass!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated someone must have some tips/pics to remove it??? Let me know thanks!!

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.