Will scangague2 read codes like a solus - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
wsm
PSN Newb

Will scangague2 read codes like a solus

i know there are some codes that the cheap scanner i have is not picking up. When i had my trans repaired, the guy had a solus and gave me some codes...high side open/close. i cant recall the exact codes, but the cheapo scanner i got doesnt pick them up. I have since repaired the wiring in the uvch and the uvch. basically, will a scangauge2 read these items like a solus, and actually give me live data of the trucks operations. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Will scangague2 read codes like a solus

yes it will-- it will interface with and report most obd2 functions.

2000 F250 CCSB-- GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, PHP, scan gauge, stock 17* pump

1994 F250 4x4 SC (sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Um, NO, it won't. ScanGauge II is NOT the AeroForce Scan-gauge. Two different companies, two different products. The ScanGauge II only reads conventional OBD-II data; I tried one on both our OBS PSDs, and was only able to read speed and RPM. And it did the same as any cheap generic scanner would do, when I tried to scan for codes, it stalled the engine.

It is programmable using a simple register language they call 'X-gauge", and I've always suspected that one could, with some research and persistence, determine the right X-Gauge codes to read more live data from our trucks, and perhaps even scan for codes, and do tests like the buzz and CC test. So far I've seen no indication that anyone has come up with these code, or that anyone has determined whether it's possible and gone down the road of developing the codes.

If there is evidence to the contrary, there are folks in the OBS sections of ALL the various diesel forums who would be all ears....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
PSN Veteran

oops, I stand corrected.. I was thinking of a new version of the aeroforce. I have not operated an SG2 but they discuss them all the time in the 6.0 forums. Thats what I get for reporting an assumption...my bad. carry on.

2000 F250 CCSB-- GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, PHP, scan gauge, stock 17* pump

1994 F250 4x4 SC (sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode