What would cause this??? Video attached - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Etaylor0056

Question What would cause this??? Video attached

Hey guys Iv been on the nation for some time now and have had several OBS powerstrokes but have never herd or ran into this. I'm going to look at a OBS 4 door short wheel base 250 4x4 that's in real good shape and runs good. Only thing that's got me puzzled is the rpm range and throttle response.
When its warmed up and you just hold the go pedal to the floor it starts to rev good and fast with good throttle response until it gets to 2500 2600 rpms then it hesitates for a half second or more then revs on out the rpm range.
the owner has put new fuel filter on it with no results. No check engine lights and other than that lil issue runs great. Any thoughts???
I will post a picture of the truck and video of the issue on the next post.
Thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Etaylor0056

Re: What would cause this??? Video attached

Here is the link to the Video on Youtube.
or try this one.

Here is a picture of the truck. I think it has potential.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Etaylor0056

Here is a picture maybe

PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Powerstrokenation.pdf (648.8 KB, 46 views)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Etaylor0056

Does anyone have anything??? Don't leave me hanging!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
PSN Veteran

looks like a nice find. Does it do it while driving? Not to be an SA, but I don't spend a lot of time free revving a motor so I can even say whether my my rig may do it or not.

I doubt its fuel or oil since there is really no load on it. Needs a load on it to see if it still does it. These are 'drive by wire' throttles-- I would rule out throttle position sensor, map sensor, perhaps even the EBPV if its closing or this is being done when its cold (which you should not be doing, but you likely already knew that...)

hell, I'd make an offer that keeps you safe from repair expense and go for it if its a nice truck.

Good luck!!

2000 F250 CCSB-- GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, PHP, scan gauge, stock 17* pump

1994 F250 4x4 SC (sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Etaylor0056

Update..........................................
Well i bought the truck Saturday around 12:00! Drove it around 250 miles back home and detailed the whole truck from top to bottom. I averaged around 17 MPG and ran the truck around 75-80 MPH. The truck has 3:55's so i don't have to change them out.
It still has a lil hesitation when stomping on the go peddle and im thinking that that my be because it is bone stock!!! Everything from what i can see is stock!!! Even still has the cat converter and down pipe. I have never owned one of these truck that were original and my friend said that that's how all of his have acted. So Im not that worried. Ill post some more pictures on another thread later to get everyone's opinion and advice of what mod should be done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode