another IDI PSD swap dilemma - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

another IDI PSD swap dilemma

ok Im new to powerstrokenation forum but very reputable forum so figured i would look here for help as well as other forums.

ok i have a 94 f250 SRW 7.3 idi XLT 4x4 with a E4OD. I had a 94.5 PSD given to me by a friend out of an old work truck (94.5 f350 2x4 XL 7.3 PSD DRW with 5 speed. Motor ran great prior to pulling it out of his truck but rear was shot and 5 speed was a new Jasper reman so didnt have the $ to buy the reman from him.

I took all the underhood wiring as well as all the dash wiring and everything else needed for the motor swap. However i do need a ECU from an auto 7.3 PSD im told to make my trans work with the PSD (i got the torque converter and flexplate). But now im being told i also need the WIRING from an auto 95-97 PSD aswell as the ECU and trans wiring?
My trans plug looks the same as the one thats in the PSD truck except the donor trans plug (at the firewall) is missing 10 wires out of the plug vs mine only has 3 open pins. can anyone give me a SOLID answer on what electrical parts i need to find for this swap????? i have everything else needed for this swap except this trans wiring dilemma and i also need a cranksharft spacer for the flexplate for an E4OD for the PSD as well. Thanks in advance for the help guys. i also posted this in couple other areas on PSN just in desperate need of help to get this thing on the road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 AM
PSN Local

Re: another IDI PSD swap dilemma

I think any ps auto ECM should work and wiring how much for the 5 speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 97 f350 cclb drw 300,000 miles stage 2 160 100 sticks 17* hpop sd ic turbo set up off a t444e sd fuel pump ts chip cat fuel filters stage 3 ceramic clutch 410 gears 3 in down pipe to 4 in out the back 6637 air filter all the gauges fuel hpop pyro boost oil temp 50 gal fuel tank
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i think he is askin 2000-2500 with clutch and flywheel i dont think he put ANY miles on it since he bought it from Jasper

. but i dont think the wiring would be different tho would it? there was a plug in the column of the donor truck that i was told was for the neutral safety switch.

but thanks for your thoughts I think im just goin to get a auto PSD PCM and try that

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Donor truck wouldn't have a neutral safety switch; there isn't one on the ZF5. On the automatics, the NSS is on the tranny itself, so the connector wouldn't be on the column.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

O ok. Someone told me on another forum it would be the blank plug in the column of the donor truck which there was a blank plug so didn't know. How about the wiring. I know I need the PCM from a auto psd, but is the wiring different under the hood as well as the dash wiring?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
PSN Local

yes the wiring is not the same so u need it all thanks for the price I don't need the clutch stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 97 f350 cclb drw 300,000 miles stage 2 160 100 sticks 17* hpop sd ic turbo set up off a t444e sd fuel pump ts chip cat fuel filters stage 3 ceramic clutch 410 gears 3 in down pipe to 4 in out the back 6637 air filter all the gauges fuel hpop pyro boost oil temp 50 gal fuel tank
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
PSN Local

there is no shifter on the coulmn to have a safety switch

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
PSN Veteran

The only thing different electrically on the _column_ that I can think of is the OD-off button, which obviously isn't there on the manual truck.

If the rear end is all that is wrong with the donor truck, it'd be a shame to relegate it to being a parts donor. Best course of action would be to re-gear it, and throw a Dana 60 under the front. Best of all worlds - 5-speed, strong PSD, dually, 4x4 (or would that be 6x6?) and straight axle.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ok thanks for all the info, guess I'm looking for a PCM and all the wiring. Think I found a 3-350 ps that I can get everything from
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
PSN Veteran

If by saying that you found a 3-350 that it is a 2003 F350 it won't work. The wiring is different than that of a OBS truck.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode