Is this turbo stock?! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Is this turbo stock?!

Hey guys, forgotten my password and login so I had to make a new one, anyways
I have a 97 7.3 with a 6pos chip, Napa filter, 3 inch down pipe to 4 inch exhaust, supposedly stage 2 injectors and water met injection. My question is can the stock turbo make 30 pounds of boost? I was testing her out on the freeway today full throttle and rolling from about 50mph up to 75 my gauge showed 29 to 30 psi?! I tryed to do research on the part number on the turbo its a Garrett with a sticker that says allied signal automotive then under has p/n. 1822869c92 and below that s/n aal10993. Trusty google didn't pull anything up, if it will help I can post a picture of the turbo. I mainly want to know if the turbo is aftermarket or not and how the hell I can be pushing that much boost! Also if it's safe... Sorry for the novel and thanks for any help

Also I can't remember what I tied into for the boost gauge they are the glow shift gauges and I looked up on here what line to t into

THANKS FELLAS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Is this turbo stock?!

I have heard of 30-32 psi is max on a stock turbo. At that psi the turbos life is shorter.

96 with 320,000, Idm mod,
Tc mod, van turbo, 200/30 rosewood,
T 500 hpop, Dy 3" down pipe,
glowshift gauges, D60kp swap, custom track arms,
steering wheel swap, 6637 mod, Hydra chip, WW2,
calf fuel spring and BB mod
6.0 fan, cooler,
Pmf 2.25 rsk sd springs

78 f-150 turbo big block
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM
PSN Local

mine will make over 30 psi with the stock turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 97 f350 cclb drw 300,000 miles stage 2 160 100 sticks 17* hpop sd ic turbo set up off a t444e sd fuel pump ts chip cat fuel filters stage 3 ceramic clutch 410 gears 3 in down pipe to 4 in out the back 6637 air filter all the gauges fuel hpop pyro boost oil temp 50 gal fuel tank

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappattack1800 View Post
Hey guys, forgotten my password and login so I had to make a new one, anyways
I have a 97 7.3 with a 6pos chip, Napa filter, 3 inch down pipe to 4 inch exhaust, supposedly stage 2 injectors and water met injection. My question is can the stock turbo make 30 pounds of boost? I was testing her out on the freeway today full throttle and rolling from about 50mph up to 75 my gauge showed 29 to 30 psi?! I tryed to do research on the part number on the turbo its a Garrett with a sticker that says allied signal automotive then under has p/n. 1822869c92 and below that s/n aal10993. Trusty google didn't pull anything up, if it will help I can post a picture of the turbo. I mainly want to know if the turbo is aftermarket or not and how the hell I can be pushing that much boost! Also if it's safe... Sorry for the novel and thanks for any help

Also I can't remember what I tied into for the boost gauge they are the glow shift gauges and I looked up on here what line to t into

THANKS FELLAS!
Yes post pictures....

02 f250
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM
PSN Local

Prolly stock. My truck with horrible leaks and an HPOP that i'm still not sure how its alive, will blow past 30psi with the 2's. Back when it ran decent 40 was nothing. I just try to keep it under 30.

Bigger injectors will make it build more boost. Some stock trucks with tunes can hit close to 30, but for the most part any aftermarket injector will put ya over 30.

Jimmy
97 F-250 ECLB 7.3/E4OD/4wd, 215k miles: FFD 250/200%'s, Swamps IDM, built trans, shimmed 910's, Melling LPOP, welded cam gear/modified pick-up tube, Homemade e-fuel/intake/exhaust/traction bars, D66, Built and tuned by me

97 ECSB F-250 project truck. Current plans: 7.3, BTS, 250/2's, 468, stock bottom end
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

thanks for the fast replies guys, here are some pics just to be sure, sorry for the poor quality just ran out side with the cell phone. so while i have you guys here i have a few more questions. at what rpm does your turbo start to spool? seems like mine takes FOREVER to get going, like 2200 rpm. does that sound right? the truck will just puke black smoke, even on the lowest chip setting, 50hp. untill she starts to spool... then it takes off like a rocket... the tripple disk converter helps alot... but i think its still slipping. off topic sorry. here are the pics. thanks again guys.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 PM
whistle tits

yes thats your stock turbo, and you have some kind of problem if youre dumping black smoke on takeoff imo... i dont dump any smoke with 238/100's in the highest setting on takeoff

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghohouston View Post
yes thats your stock turbo, and you have some kind of problem if youre dumping black smoke on takeoff imo... i dont dump any smoke with 238/100's in the highest setting on takeoff
Its all in the tuning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

E99 F-350 CCSB 4x4

1990 F250 7.3idi 4x4 5 speed- SOLD!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i agree with somthing being wrong, its been on my mind because it seems like she smokes too much.... what could cause this? black smoke its unburnt fuel... maybe ill turn the chip to stock and see what happens. so if i do that and it still smokes what could it be? then on the other hand if turning it off fixs the smoke issue, is that normal for a chip to dump that much fuel in? i know its going to very from differnt chips and tunes... but any more help would be great. not sure if its any help but if i go WOT like getting onto the freeway and turn on my water methanol injection it clears up alot of the smoke....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode