EBP manifold fitting clogged? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

EBP manifold fitting clogged?

'95 F250 4x4 ZF5, 170,000 (?) miles. Last couple winters we've had the stoopid EBPV close too vigorously on us. Finally getting around to the sensor tube thing. Pulled the sensor and disconnected the tube at the manifold, and the tube is running clear with compressed air. But it still doesn't blow down to the tailpipe.

I stuck a screwdriver into the fitting in the manifold after removing the tube, and it goes in a short ways and stops. Soot on the tip. Am I right in assuming, just from looking at the location, that I should be able to plunge a small screwdriver all the way into that fitting, that it should be a straight-shot opening right into the manifold? Well, it's not. So I think that's where the restriction is. I looked on guzzle's page on the EBP sensor/tube, but there's nothing about the flow in the fitting or the manifold.

Is it safe to stick a drill bit in there and try to free it up?

Yeah, I know, I could just wire the valve open. One day maybe. For now, I'd like to get it working right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
whistle tits

Re: EBP manifold fitting clogged?

Use anything that will open the hole up. Same with the sensor and blow air through the line and make sure its clear

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM
STILL LEARNING

I took the fitting out of the manifold(heated with torch) then I was able to see what I was looking at. The hole is quite small IIRC

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

A piece of welding wire works well for opening up the hole. You can put the wire in the end of a drill bit and do it that way. Also a little bit of pb blaster or the like works well at helping to loosen up the soot.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Got it clear. Some PB loosened it up, and I broke through with a small drill bit, then a small screwdriver. I def. hear a little air in the tailpipe when I pump air down the tube. Duh, forgot to check the end of the sensor, but that's easy enough to re-do. That tube nut going into the manifold was sure a PITA to reach, esp when your only option is an open-end or line wrench.

And that soot's tenacious. 100 psi through the tube from above didn't do jack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode