Water Injection - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Cool Water Injection

I'm looking in to putting on water injection on my 97 F 350 and would like to know does anyone or any buddy ever done this and what it take would like to learn more and my truck is stock
any help would be nice i would like to build one not buy one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Water Injection

its pretty easy im running stage 1 cooling mist water injection. i'm running bkue windshield washer fuild and have it comming on at 7psi normal driving and 11psi towing. When it comes on you can feel a bump in power, and when I normal driving egt go down and when im towing it slows down the increase in egt and helps push me up the hill or where ever I am. My mods are in my sig below, I have a 2001 7.3 and it works good so I would say it would work great on a non intercooled obs

2001 7.3 PSD, Swamps 200/30 injectors, 38r turbo, HPx, FRx, bellowed up-pipes, non-ebpv ped, Gearhead tuned TS 6 pos chip, AFE big boost intake, 4" downpipe; 5" exhaust, BTS valve body, 31 row tranny cooler, autometer gauges, 05-07 front end, centurion rear bumper, 327,000 miles FOR SALE

2009 6.4 PSD, 71mm LP, studded, delete, H$S Mini Max
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok what size nozzle and is there a site that tells you step by step how to do it?
I have 218000 miles and do i need gauges and do you put and oil in the washer fuild?
thank you for your help keep it coming

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM
PSN Veteran

I have 308000 on mine haha

gauges are always a very good idea; to set the psi deal you did a boost gauge unless you leave it set at 10psi from the factory or buy a controlor; my nozzle is the cm10; and i dont run oil, i never even heard of that. The kit came with no direction i looked them up somewhere, if your good at wiring its not bad; i also wired a little red light i got from radio shack into the gauge pod so i know when the kit is running.

Heres the kit I have
Water Injection, Methanol Injection, Alcohol Injection Systems | Coolingmist

Y do you want water meth, if its to make power then thats a bad idea.

If i were you b4 you do water meth I would do a
-Custom tuned ts 6 pos chip (diesel innovation has them cheap with free reburns / php is great too)
-napa 6637 intake (or afe big boost like i have)
-gauges (pryo, boost, trans (if auto)
-3" down pipe into a 4" back exhaust
-a bts or john woods valve body if you have an auto (or a bully dog shift kit, which isnt as good but cheaper)
and then watermeth if you want it

2001 7.3 PSD, Swamps 200/30 injectors, 38r turbo, HPx, FRx, bellowed up-pipes, non-ebpv ped, Gearhead tuned TS 6 pos chip, AFE big boost intake, 4" downpipe; 5" exhaust, BTS valve body, 31 row tranny cooler, autometer gauges, 05-07 front end, centurion rear bumper, 327,000 miles FOR SALE

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

that sounds good but I do not believe chips are good to use i be leave doing it in side the motor and i'm trying to get power and better fuel mileage
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 AM
PSN Veteran

You still could do everything but the chip and it would help out, but in all honesty a well tuned chip is the way to go if you want to more power and better mpg

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

That may be true but i've seen to many people around here with chips and they have killed there motor and I was told it was better for the engine if i did the injectors and the turbo if i do that my engine would last longer

97 F 350 7.3L crew cab long box 5 speed 4.11 rears 4x4
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strken View Post
That may be true but i've seen to many people around here with chips and they have killed there motor and I was told it was better for the engine if i did the injectors and the turbo if i do that my engine would last longer
The CHIP had nothing to do with killing the engine. Driving it like an A-hole and lack of maintenance DID

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
PSN Veteran

injectors aren't gonna do you anygood without tuning for them.

Early 99, regular cab, Six Speed, Wildman Tuned, Red wastegate line MIA, muffler MIA, Isspro EGT/Boost, DIY Tymar, EBPV Switch, a slipping South Bend, 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 BFG All-Terrains, 16.5" American Racing wheels SOLD
04, red regular cab, six speed, Edge SOLD
97, silver regular cab 300/200 s300
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 PM
IH Diesel Power

The Power Stroke engines are not like the old mechanical injected diesels. In order to upgrade parts such as injectors, Turbos, High pressure oil pumps or any other parts to make more power tuning with a CHIP is a requirement. Yes programmers such as bullydog, edge, banks, etc, etc are garbage but a good custom tuned chip may actually make your truck run more efficiently and run longer. Just because its chipped doesnt mean its going to blow up and just because its chipped doesnt mean its hard on it.

Current
99/05 F250 XLT Ccsb 4x4, 7.3l, ZF6
, Power Struck Tuned, Luk Clutch, RR, Comp 910s, and more sh!t.
Sold
99 F250 Lariat Ccsb 4x4, 7.3L, 4R100, The Basics
Totalled
08 F250 Lariat Ccsb 4x4, 6.4L, 5R110, SCT Livewire IDP Custom Tuned, 5" Exhaust, Custom Traction Bars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode