wont start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

wont start

i already posted before about a month ago.. but sdince then my computer has died also and i just got a new one today.. but myu problem is, i got a 95 and i went to use it to jump start my 94 and once i got the 94 started i turned off the 95 and when i went to start it the next day to move it, it just cranks and cranks but i get nothin. i have power to my glowplug relay, no white smoke, and my tack does move a little while its cranking, and i dont have any blown fuses.. i hated to do it but i even gave it a small shot of either and still nothing.. any advice would be greatly appreciated and again sorry to post twice about the same thing

08 6.4 king ranch 4 door long bed, play truck with all the goods

05 6.0 single cab flatbed, bullet proofed work truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
PSN Local

Re: wont start

Sounds like you are not getting fuel to the cylinders. So that probably rules out a glow plug issue due to no smoke out the tailpipe. I think it is high pressure oil related. I had the same thing happen to mine. One morning it would not start because the high pressure oil system wasn't pressurizing. I found out the ipr was faulty, I replaced it and it started. So I would get a code scanner on there and check your high pressure oil pressures on start up. If they are under 500 psi, then you have a high pressure oil problem. IPR or icp would be a good first place to look. Try unplugging the icp sensor next time you start it. It should default to about 1000 psi. The icp sensor is located on the drivers side head.

1996 F-350 cclb, H2E, e-fuel, srp1.1, custom tuning, banks intercooler, 3 in plenums, swamps babies, ARP's, comp 910's, Isspro EV2's, rsk v/c codes, 5 inch exhaust, king ranch seats, SD 10.5 axle, swamps idm, 6.0 fan, international w/p, hydroboost, SD trans lines, 6.0 trans cooler,6.0 P.S. pump
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Is the '94 truck a PSD?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

what exactly is the ipr or the icp? and no the 94 is a 7.3 idi

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

is the plug your talking about on the driverside head up next to the fuel bowl? becasue i unplugged that and it still didnt start and i had no movement on the tack with that unplugged

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 AM
PSN Local

Your IPR is your injector pressure regulator. It controls pressure from the high pressure oil pump. The ICP sensor is the injector control pressure. You could have a bad cam sensor if your tachometer is not moving. It is a common problem with the 7.3 powerstrokes.

1996 F-350 cclb, H2E, e-fuel, srp1.1, custom tuning, banks intercooler, 3 in plenums, swamps babies, ARP's, comp 910's, Isspro EV2's, rsk v/c codes, 5 inch exhaust, king ranch seats, SD 10.5 axle, swamps idm, 6.0 fan, international w/p, hydroboost, SD trans lines, 6.0 trans cooler,6.0 P.S. pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode