fuel reset light - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

fuel reset light

I've got a 94 f250 and the fuel reset light on the dash next to where the left turn signal indicator is. I was wondering what causes this light. I've searched but haven't been able to find an answer so far. If the key is not even in the truck and you open the door the light begins flashing. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: fuel reset light

Fuel reset light? There is a water in fuel light but that is on the right side of the column on the secondary panel only populated in diesel trucks.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Here's a picture of it ( sorry couldn't get a better one the flash made it so you couldn't see anything).photo(3).JPG

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 AM
PSN Veteran

I'm thinking that someone swapped your instrument trim panel for a gasser panel?

Does the fuel reset light stay lit for a minute after you turn the engine off and lock the doors with the power locks?

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Not positive on the staying on part I cant remember for sure I'll have to check on it tomorrow. I know that if i open the door it will start but as soon as its shut it goes off...is there anyway to tell if that is what has gone on for sure? Thanks for the help.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 AM
PSN Veteran

It's behaving like an anti-theft light, which would be in the position next to the left turn indicator. If that's what it is, it will light solid after you shut the engine down and close and lock the doors.

If the trim panel was replaced with the wrong panel, some of the indicators have different uses.

Any other clues that the dash trim was swapped? Does the wait to start module look "hacked" into the dash? A factory install looks seamless. If it's been cut in it should be obvious.

Newest project: 1995 F350 CC/DRW 2WD E4OD. 3" DP, 4" Diamond Eye system. But I'm still fixin' the broken stuff......
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well it didn't stay on when I locked the doors today but, the wait to start area does look hacked up, and it is definitely acting like an anti -theft light. There's some weird plug in to the right of the actual wait to start light for some reason it won't let me attach a picture right now of it. But, basically it seems like someone switched it out with a different truck, so basically it's just the anti-theft light with the wrong face to it correct?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 AM
PSN Veteran

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Does your truck have keyless entry also?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode