i need help pls - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i need help pls

what i have is a 97 f350 psd with a ZF5 310K on it
it has a banks IC/pipes, S&B cold air, new remaned stock injector 3K on them, banks .82 exh housing, TS 6pos tuner,and new map

i have had it 3 months now and have replaced injector O rings, fuel filter oil filter, rebuilt the turbo and replaces the stock exh housing with the .82.

my problem is at 3200 and 3400rpm i have a miss,and pure white smoke. when it misses my injestion psi goes fron 3200psi smooth to unstedy 2700-2800psi. it will only do it with a when driving. and only in 3 and 4th gear. im guessing 1 and 2nd go by that rpm range to fast. it also at this rpm range i am making max boost of 24psi. when it misses i can see my boost spike down to about 15psi. witch leads me to believe its caused by blowby on the rings.

but with it running and the oil filler cap off there is vary little smoke coming from it.. ihave not mesured my blowby yet.
its not throwing any codes its getting about 12-13mpg highest egt iv hade was 1000*

im looking at cleaning/rebuilding my IPR this weekend just to make sure its not that causing my problems.

i have searched for some time now on this site and cant find any one with the same problem. if you have a post i will be more then gladly to read through it if it will fix my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: i need help pls

i have also tryed all the setting on my TS, removed my TS and tryed a diffrent PCM. all have the same problem at the same RPM range
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i have also checked my fuel psi and it stedy at 60-65 psi wot 45psi at idle.... that after the filter

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Could be the hpop is weak, the IPR is malfunctioning, the ICP is faulty, one of the reman injectors is faulty, injector o-ring suffering a leak with psi that high, turbo is acting up, etc. Get it on a scanner and watch live data to see what everything is doing when this happens.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i replaced the Oring less the 500miles ago. and i installed them by lubing the orings well, gently pushing while twisting them till they were seated.
i had it on a scanner and watched the injection psi thats how iknow what psi i maxed at was and what it drops to when it misses...what else should i be looking at on the scanner?

i plan to pull the IPR this weekend and clean it out.
i was looking at upgreading my HPOP soon.as well

97 f350 cclb 4x4 310k zf5
south bend clutch,banks IC, header wraped ic pipes,banks .82 exhaust housing ,TS 6pos,S&B cold air intake

project truck is a 77 f250 crewcab on a 88f250 frame, 4x4 7.3 idi zf5 IP turned up and tuned

other project truck 78 f350 crewcab 4x4x4 4.9L turbocharged zf5 monster truck
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

You will want to know what the IPR and ICP are doing at that time when the rpm's are that high. If you are maxed out then it could be a sign of a failing hpop or you could be seeing a bad IPR or leaky/faulty ICP.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode