Trying to find front end parts. (spindle, cv shaft, ect) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Trying to find front end parts. (spindle, cv shaft, ect)

So i went to change my spindle bearings today and discovered my worst nightmare. When i got the wheel spindle off it was a disaster in there. Were the needle bearings used to be, there just half a bearing cage fused to the inside of the wheel spindle and what used to be all the needle bearings were just floating inside the wheel spindle basically making the cv shaft look like swiss cheese.

Well i went to all the part stores in town before going to the ford dealer and got the same answer from all of them. The parts are no longer available, my only choice is a bone yard. So i bought a new spindle bearing and put it back together the best i could and now i need help trying to locate these parts. Ive searched just about everywhere. The boneyards around me are great for random parts like interior or things like that, but when it comes to drivetrain and motors its very rare for the boneyard to have a 4x4 and its next to impossible to find a 4x4 3/4 ton there.

So any help finding a Wheel spindle, half shaft, and maybe even a new manual hub to be on the safe side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Trying to find front end parts. (spindle, cv shaft, ect)

More info would be good like, year, engine (assume diesel), guessing f250 with the original TTB and location.

96 F250 CCSB 4x4, D60, 3.55, Auto, 6.0 trans cooler 3"-4" down pipe & exhaust, not enough power
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
STILL LEARNING

I have a good used spindle From a F250. $75 shipped. May have an axle stub and hub too. Have to look. If so another$75.

PM me

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM
PSN Veteran

I ordered new spindles from Randy's rack & pinion last year. They were Spicers. Call them, they should be able to get you what you need.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 AM
PSN Veteran

But I would definitely pursue Brad's offer first. That's a WAY better deal than new.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

I have the F350 parts that you need except for the hub if it is an F350. PM me if you need them.

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Not to hijack a thread but Tom if you have or anyone has a good passenger side knuckle off a ball joint 60 with bolt on caliper, I am definitely interested. Mine has an egged out tie rod hole.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Sorry guys, i thought i had my info displayed in the bottom. ill have to update that. but for now its a 95 f250, 7.3 stroker. So brad ill Pm you here soon, im waiting to hear back from a buddy about a dana 60 that might be available. Should know by friday so ill get back to ya soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode