Fuel Leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Fuel Leak

I am trying to track down a fuel leak that really has me stumped

The engine valley is DRY, the fuel is leaking from the driver rear of the engine and its a good constant drip , It starts dripping as soon as the truck is started. I know there is a crossover line somewhere but I cant locate it. I didn't feel any leaks on the rear of the valve cover . I looks like it is dripping down the exhaust manifold. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
PSN Local

Wink Re: Fuel Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustp115 View Post

The engine valley is DRY, the fuel is leaking from the driver rear of the engine and its a good constant drip , It starts dripping as soon as the truck is started. I know there is a crossover line somewhere but I cant locate it. I didn't feel any leaks on the rear of the valve cover . I looks like it is dripping down the exhaust manifold. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks
Maybe is from the line that goes to the banjo bolt in the union with the head, there are a special kind of o-ring (like a little part of a rubber hose). The crossover line is optional, its not a stock item.

Good luck.

F-250 PSD 1996 ext.cab 2WD, Short bed, E4OD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
PSN Local

Quote:

Maybe is from the line that goes to the banjo bolt in the union with the head, there are a special kind of o-ring (like a little part of a rubber hose).

Fuel Rail Plug O-Rings (seals the small " square drive drain at ends of heads
(Ford) F4TZ-9C387-A (94-97)
(International) 1815734C1
Parker 60VLV-4 Viton sleeves.

The crossover line is optional, its not a stock item.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
PSN Local

Quote:

Maybe is from the line that goes to the banjo bolt in the union with the head, there are a special kind of o-ring (like a little part of a rubber hose).

Fuel Rail Plug O-Rings (seals the small " square drive drain at ends of heads
(Ford) F4TZ-9C387-A (94-97)
(International) 1815734C1
Parker 60VLV-4 Viton sleeves.

The crossover line is optional, its not a stock item.

Good luck.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
PSN Local

Re: Fuel Leak

i had the same leak it was the fitting in the head that the line hooks to. mine came loose and being that it is a 90 degree fitting the job to fix it sux.hopefully it is just the rubber seal.

1997 f350 xlt regular cab 4x4,matercraft courser at2 285's, automatic,1.0 housing,ebpv delete housing and pedestal,tymar intake,diamond eye dp w/4 inch straight pipe,super duty starter,203* tstat
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
PSN Local

Sorry for the triple post, I dont know why. BTW to the OP, welcome to the forum.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys , ill go and check and see if I can find them fittings when it quits raining And wtf a fuel drain for the head ?? That just sounds like a PITA to get too .. I miss working on my ole idi, this PSD has to many damn hidden fuel lines and fittings and I still haven't figured it all out yet lol
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 AM
LBZ
PSN Newb

Anyone got a pic or a parts breakdown of the back of the head that shows the fuel system?
I have the same leak and can't see where it is coming from. Would like to have an idea before I get pissed and yard the turbo out lol!

'07 Duramax
'97 Powerstroke
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
Anyone got a pic or a parts breakdown of the back of the head that shows the fuel system?
I have the same leak and can't see where it is coming from. Would like to have an idea before I get pissed and yard the turbo out lol!
I dont have one, but if you search in the topic: e-fuel, surely youll find some.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM
LBZ
PSN Newb

Searched and found a million posts on fuel problems-no parts breakdowns or pics though.

'07 Duramax
'97 Powerstroke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode