95 F-350 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
HIGH GEAR HAULER

95 F-350

My dad is looking at buying a 95 cc dually, don't know a lot about the older 7.3's. Any advice from owners of this year would be greatly appreciated. Strong points, weak points, things to check out before buying and expected fuel mileage? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 95 F-350

Just for a data point, my 94 (5-speed, 4.10 rear) basically got about 16 mpg running solo. I'll say overall they are very good trucks. Most of the problems would really be due to poor maintenance. If the oil and oil/fuel filters have been changed regularly, the are very good. Same with the coolant and its additive. One major weak point I guess would be if it has the automatic (E4OD) transmission (again it might be fine if its been maintained). Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 05:39 AM
PSN Local

I love mine, 162000 and counting. My average mileage is 18.5 mpg combined driving with 4.10 gears and a the average mods most everyone does except a programmer. Good luck

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 04:47 PM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezldemon View Post
My dad is looking at buying a 95 cc dually, don't know a lot about the older 7.3's. Any advice from owners of this year would be greatly appreciated. Strong points, weak points, things to check out before buying and expected fuel mileage? Thanks
I will be getting a 96/97 Crewcab dually PSD 5 speed with Under 100k here in about a month. New turbo, 6 new tires. looking to get 6-7k for it.Let me know if you are interested.

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 AM
PSN Local

I've got a '95 cab and chassis with a 3yrd dump. Love it. 4:10 gears, automatic. I run the living Hell out of it. Pull a skidsteer, haul a roto-mill, and deliver anything that's profitable. Empty it's about a 15mpg truck. Pulling, making boost, about 10-12mpg. From what I've read, nothing a lot different than the other OBS trucks. My torque converter rattles pretty bad going into lock-up, or when it slips pulling up a hill or something. But it's done that for a long time now. From what I understand they have single-shot injectors, so they're louder than the later OBS engines. I've only got 98,xxx original miles. Good truck. If it's been taken care of, you really can't go wrong.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 AM
PSN Local

Mine is the exact truck you are looking at, if you are looking at 2wd. Nice truck, built like a tank. I second everything that has been said here. My unloaded MPG is about 16-17. Loaded pulling about 7500lbs, 10-12. You have to change the oil on time due to the HEUI system. I bought a manual since the autos are kinda iffy when stock. The only other complaint is noise and smoking. Watch out for poor stock air filters which can allow turbo damage due to its design. The only other thing is the stock down pipe sucks. Check for in valley oil leaks that comes from the turbo pedistal, namely the EBPV actuator. The engine is a robust piece with 6 bolts per cylinder, depskirted block, and forged rods up to 2001. It is a heavy duty engine that I have seem go 350,000 miles plus. Lots of good info on here to resolve issues you may run into.

Cory

1995 F350 CC DRW XLT 2WD 5-Spd w/ BD Exhaust Brake 225K Mi, HyperMax Stage 2 Kit, HyperMax EGT & Boost Gauges, Riffraff / Tymar Intake, HyperMax Intercooler, HyperMax 330HP chip, Adrealine HPOP & Braided Lines, Melling M208 LPOP and HyperMax 4" Exhaust. Coming Soon: DP-Tuner F-6 and custom electric fuel system.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Nose picker

Check the air box to make sure it has been sealing properly and no dirt has been sucked into the engine.

02 F250 cc/sb 7.3 2wd 4R100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode