Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel issues?

670 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  joemx611 
#1 ·
i recently got myself a 95 with 257k on it and it was leaking oil everywhere and losing fuel pressure from it and what not. i did the oil and filter and fuel filter and oil pan gasket (permatex) and put the non ebpv pedestal on and i think ive fixed my leaks, i think i need to O rings for ontop of the drivers side valve cover but thats it. but the truck still has a pretty bad spudder as if its starving for fuel at the bottom end (low rpms) its a 5 speed and when i take off even in first it seems like it struggles to get out of its own way till i get to about 1500 to 2000 rpms. any ideas?

#2 ·
Was the oil pan the only place you were leaking oil? Do you have oil pressure gauge, Your injectors are pressurized from oil pressure so if you have low oil pressure your truck will run like sh*t because of low fuel pressure. I would check oil pressure. Or it could be injector o-rings. I would start with simple things and make sure you have good oil and fuel pressure then go from there

#3 ·
i dont have an oil pressure gauge (on the to do list) but i drove it to work tonight anyways and realized i have a manifold leak... im not sure if that would be something to look at also, and i think i might need the O rings for the injectors cuz i has a slight blue smoke to it even after its been running and is warmed up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.