glowshift gauges? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

glowshift gauges?

wondering if anyone has some useful input on the quality of glowshift brand gauges? pretty good package deal on their website for a 3 gauge pod, pyrometer, boost and fuel pressure for $210, is this a good deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: glowshift gauges?

We can get you Glowshift, but remember they are entry level gauges (I had a set not saying they aren't good, I am just saying that there are better ones out there) I had trouble with mine a couple times and went with isspro performax
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Entry level? So there good for newbys but not vets of the sport? I guess I don't understand, a guage will either be accurate or not, what makes them entry level?

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ya, i know its not autometer... but i dont care for all the fancy features and super high quality bezels and such. can you pm me with a price on a similar combo (3 gauge pod, 1500 degree pyro, 60 lbs boost and 100 psi fuel pressure)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Yeah I will get you a price... I in no way am saying these are bad but they have their flaws
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

understood, what are their flaws? if it just lacks the bling of high dollar gauges im cool with it, but if its gonna be grossly inaccurate then i might be more interested in a digital edge.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Pm sent
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Pre-K

Just curious... Have you gone and done any research on this brand? Read plenty of reviews? I'm just asking because I have. I read all the time about GlowShift gauges failing. You can spend 210$ now and hope everything works or spend 350 and almost guarantee it works. Do you want to spend 210 now or make a 210 mistake later? Things are dirt cheap for a reason. I highly suggest talking with Patrick about a set a little more known for quality. That's my .02.

1997 F-350 4x4
Beans tunes
160/80 Rosewood's
Sump'd 38 gallon conversion w/ e-fuel.
B code rears
To be installed - 6.0 I/C, RSK and V codes.

Looking to upgrade my stock turbo set up. Got anything? PM me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CCLB410LS View Post
Just curious... Have you gone and done any research on this brand? Read plenty of reviews? I'm just asking because I have. I read all the time about GlowShift gauges failing. You can spend 210$ now and hope everything works or spend 350 and almost guarantee it works. Do you want to spend 210 now or make a 210 mistake later? Things are dirt cheap for a reason. I highly suggest talking with Patrick about a set a little more known for quality. That's my .02.
Any gauge can and will fail, same goes for any product that is mass produced. Glowshifts quailty has improved over the last year.

02 f250
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Pre-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
Any gauge can and will fail, same goes for any product that is mass produced. Glowshifts quailty has improved over the last year.
I'm curious, can you (or anyone else that reads this) check the box for glowshift and see where they're made?

Autometers (and IssPro) are made in America. Not saying that means better but since I'm American and I'm using a CC from my American credit union to buy products that I'm putting on my American truck, I'd like them to at least be made in America. It may not be much but I'd like to think I'm doing my part by keeping the American dollar where it belongs - in America.

1997 F-350 4x4
Beans tunes
160/80 Rosewood's
Sump'd 38 gallon conversion w/ e-fuel.
B code rears
To be installed - 6.0 I/C, RSK and V codes.

Looking to upgrade my stock turbo set up. Got anything? PM me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode