Center console cup holder - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Center console cup holder

So one of my kids put a couple quarters on the sliding cup holder cover and then opened it. Now the quarters are inside :) I want a coffee and my money is inside the "truck vault", now how do I remove the plastic cup holder/ storage and get the money out of there so I can use my cup holder again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Center console cup holder

Good luck.......I broke mine trying to open it up

02 f250
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 PM
PSN Local

I spilled a Large ice coffee...and 99% of it went inside the storage thingy...Yea its bad..does that come apart for cleaning? lol

Kris
1997 F250 7.3 5speed, Valiar clutch, guages Boost, Water temp, EGT, 130k miles, 3" DP, 6637 filter.

2007 F350 King Ranch, All STOCK 25k miles.

2002 F-450 zf-6 4X4 Flat bed 60k

1983 F250 5.8L plow truck

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 PM
PSN Veteran

There are a bunch of tabs that hold the bezel/cover on the seat back. Usually you end up breaking most of them off trying to get it off. Good Luck & Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3Ē DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Feeley View Post
There are a bunch of tabs that hold the bezel/cover on the seat back. Usually you end up breaking most of them off trying to get it off. Good Luck & Cheers!
When you say "seat back" do you mean where the cup holder is?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 09:48 PM
ate lug

I have the 40/20 split bench as well. I pulled the cover off mine in order to rescue some lost change, and to clean it. To put it back together, i replaced the 2 rubber pieces with small screws. I realize this pic sucks, but it should give you a good idea of what i did, as it holds everything together nice & tight. Its just two regular stainless flathead screws in place of the rubber bumpers that are supposed to keep the cover in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1125111528.jpg (626.1 KB, 61 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptillikus View Post
I have the 40/20 split bench as well. I pulled the cover off mine in order to rescue some lost change, and to clean it. To put it back together, i replaced the 2 rubber pieces with small screws. I realize this pic sucks, but it should give you a good idea of what i did, as it holds everything together nice & tight. Its just two regular stainless flathead screws in place of the rubber bumpers that are supposed to keep the cover in place.
So that whole piece pulls off? What do the rubber piece do?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:29 PM

I believe i have read there is a specially made specific tool for doing this job.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 03:22 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I believe i have read there is a specially made specific tool for doing this job.
True.

Take it to a well known upholstery shop and have them remove it for you. Tell them to be very careful with it because that peice, IF you can still get it, is over 100 bucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 12:37 AM
ate lug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got4wd View Post
So that whole piece pulls off? What do the rubber piece do?
Mine were already broken, so the cover flopped around a bit. I just removed them, and replaced them with thhose small screws. I dont know what retains it in the back, but with those out you can lift the cover up a couple inches; more than enough to get whatever was lost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode