What do yall suggest for fillups? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What do yall suggest for fillups?

I'm currently installing a flatty on my 97 obs. I'm gonna have to pull the filler necks to install a longer rubber hose, I figure 1 hr of downtime. I am mounting my bed pretty high, and then gonna pack a block too just in case. I've heard something about pulling the filler neck and filler hose (big rubber one) and then cutting a plastic line right off about 1 inch into the tank.

I can't/don't want/have no time to do the tricky fast fill mod so what are my other options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:58 AM
PSN Local

Re: What do yall suggest for fillups?

Transferflow has fillneck kits. Kinda pricey, but good quality. Transfer Flow Fuel Tank Systems

Joe
97' F-250HD. ECLB. 65,000 miles. 7.3. E40D. 6637 Filter. 5" Exhaust. Deleted EBPV. CCV mod. 45 gal. Transferflow Rear Tank. Stock for now. Dana 60 in the works.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah saw those. Curious as to if I purchased two superduty necks if I could just plug and play?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
PSN Local

When we got the kits for our work truck which is a 97 with a utility box it was the part where the cap screws into and the piece that bends into the tank and some rubber tubing. I think all of the tubing was cut a x amount of feet, probably to fit more than one application, just guessing, all of it had to be cut to fit. I don't know for sure if the pieces that are for the tank are specific to model, since they are are steel and welded together at certian angles. Hope this helps.

Joe
97' F-250HD. ECLB. 65,000 miles. 7.3. E40D. 6637 Filter. 5" Exhaust. Deleted EBPV. CCV mod. 45 gal. Transferflow Rear Tank. Stock for now. Dana 60 in the works.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM
PSN Veteran

did it make a huge improvment? i hope so for the price

Blue 2012 XLT SCLB 4X4 , 38,550 miles, 3:55's & 18's Camper and Tow packages. Edge insight, Airlift Wireless compressor & Air Bag set-up, Dieslesite filter.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
PSN Local

Well something is better than nothing right? They were a necessity. I don't really know what was wrong with the original fillnecks that wouldn't make them work, maybe the angle, but you couldn't even fill the back tank on the truck. The front one was possible, but still not the best. We drive around 100 miles a day everyday sometimes up to 200, so its really nice to have both tanks full if we are going somewhere where there is no diesel pump.

Joe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I called the flatbed dealer today and I got a secret. What I need to do (will save money this way. Run a couple on my tank of regular fuel neck hose then run that to a pipe something like 3 inches id or so, run that damn near up to the neck of my truck. On the neck piece there is a bend in it but it near this bend but leave enough for hose clamps. They said every single obs they have gotten they have done this. I am also going to do the super duty mod. If anyone wants to know why a flatbed rules. if I am careful I can reach in my goosneck door and reach inside the frame area. I also have 4 inches between truck and flatbed frame which means I can reach through there and then between tank and flatbed deck its a foot or and I can swap out senders if I need to :).

I'm gonna just do the vented neck mod and then a run a 38 gal in the rear and a transfer tank in addition to my side tank. I was gonna pull the side tank but its already hung and everything. If my fuel switch goes out then I will just plumb that tank into my 38 gal so that I can just feed one tank to the other without switcing tanks.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Huh?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Instead of using fuel hose ($30 some a foot) I am going to run metal pipe and then use fuel hose for couplers.

I also found a 38 gal real bronco tank, plus I've got a 150 gal transfer tank, and then the side mount tank so I'd say I have plenty of fuel :)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:51 AM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Huh?
My thoughts exactly

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode