Can someone identify this? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Pre-K

Can someone identify this?

I just noticed it. I'm assuming needs replaced looking like this. Can you tell me what it would effect, what will change when it's new etc.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Young'n

Re: Can someone identify this?

ICP sensor
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
PSN Local

its the pigtail for the icp sensor. looks like it was spliced on there once already judging by the butt connectors. if your noticing any driveabilty issues putting a new pigtail on it will prolly solve them

03 f250 6.0L livewire egr delete, sinister head gaskets arp head studs, air dog 2 4in procomp lift on 35s. 95 f250 7.3L 300k miles dp tuner gtp 38 burned up trans. 84 f350 crew cab rust bucket.
i seem to be really good at breaking parts and spending money on things i dont need

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Pre-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f250psd View Post
its the pigtail for the icp sensor. looks like it was spliced on there once already judging by the butt connectors. if your noticing any driveabilty issues putting a new pigtail on it will prolly solve them
Thanks, what reasons would it have been spliced into? What does it provide? What kind of 'driveablitity' issues would there be from this (acceleration, rough idle, smoke)?

My truck only has 123k and has a LOT of white, and almost always constant, smoke. It is severe on start up and slows down but never quits. I'm reading so much on here that people have stock injectors up until 200k ish. I'm wondering to myself if mine are actually going bad with only 123k and it's not something else causing the smoke. I put in a new GPR, that did make a difference but not 100% better. The Stancor seems to kick the WTS off much sooner than normal and as long as it's not too cold out it'll crank right up. Colder it is, whiter the smoke. I'm putting new injectors and GP's in anyways, just wanted to know for future reference.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 02:22 AM
PSN Local

if the connections arent in the best of shape the sensor mite be giving the ecm a faulty reading. my guess is that if someone wired a different pigtail on there then the plug was prolly broken at some point in the past

03 f250 6.0L livewire egr delete, sinister head gaskets arp head studs, air dog 2 4in procomp lift on 35s. 95 f250 7.3L 300k miles dp tuner gtp 38 burned up trans. 84 f350 crew cab rust bucket.
i seem to be really good at breaking parts and spending money on things i dont need
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Pre-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f250psd View Post
someone wired a different pigtail on there
What would be the reason someone would do this?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 AM
PSN Veteran

If it was messed up already or if someone attemted to do the "10k ICP resistor mod" (fools the PCM into thinking the HP oil pressure is lower than it actually is, so it tries to raise it). Here's the part numbers for the sensor repair pigtail:

ICP Sensor Connector (repair connector with 12” pigtails for ICP,EBP sensors)
(Ford) 5C3Z-12224-A
(International) 2501105C1

Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Pre-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Feeley View Post
If it was messed up already or if someone attemted to do the "10k ICP resistor mod" (fools the PCM into thinking the HP oil pressure is lower than it actually is, so it tries to raise it). Here's the part numbers for the sensor repair pigtail:

ICP Sensor Connector (repair connector with 12” pigtails for ICP,EBP sensors)
(Ford) 5C3Z-12224-A
(International) 2501105C1

Cheers!
Perfect. Once again, thanks everyone. No question is too difficult for PSN.

edit - while I'm here asking questions, can anyone tell me where they've found the brush guards on the front of their truck? I like some of them but the only ones I'm finding are JCWhitney type or ebay type. I'm looking for something massive with a winch, lights, and room for other things I have ideas for.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:51 AM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CCLB410LS View Post
Perfect. Once again, thanks everyone. No question is too difficult for PSN.

edit - while I'm here asking questions, can anyone tell me where they've found the brush guards on the front of their truck? I like some of them but the only ones I'm finding are JCWhitney type or ebay type. I'm looking for something massive with a winch, lights, and room for other things I have ideas for.
Product Search

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Pre-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_brad View Post
No luck. I'm probably looking more for someone that can do a complete custom job actually. I've heard stories about people somehow putting compressed air in their custom bumper with tanks built in them. Anywho, I had another idea with something similar instead of (or including) compressed air...

As an IDEA, this is what I'm talking about:

Not something like this:

Batteries. If I could find someone to make me a big enough custom bumper with the bumper the size of the batteries, maybe I could relocate the batteries and have much more room under the hood to mount meth/h20 kit/reservoir and many other electrical things.. Here's the idea.. What you think?

If this is your truck - thanks for the use of the pic (google). :) I don't think I'd need 4 batteries yet but eventually when the time comes the space would be available. I drew 4 on there as an idea of how much space you would have. Plenty of space. Measurements of a battery I looked up was H8xL10xW7 inches. I think, especially on some of the higher sitting trucks, a bumper with enough space to fit a battery (12-13" tall) would fit pretty well and not look ridiculously big.

Or even if it was too tall and looked hideous you could get one of the optimas (opinions vary) that you can mount sideways or in any direction. Then you would only need about 7-9 inches and mount them on the side with the cables facing the rear of the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode