E40D - 1st gear grind noise when cold - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

E40D - 1st gear grind noise when cold

This morning is the coldest so far this year, got in the 20's over night. I went out this morning when it was still around 32* and crunk the truck up and let it warm up for 5-10 minutes. I went to pull off and there was a metal grinding noise in 1st, but stopped as soon as it shifted into 2nd. While it was making the noise it never hesitated to gain speed though, ran fine other than the noise. Also made a "whirling" noise in first too, I was thinking it was the tranny pump not able to pump the cold fluid well. Noise stopped after about 10 minutes, I guess after it warmed up. Does this sound like something a fluid change could correct? Ive had the truck about 3 months and havent had the slightest problem from the tranny yet.

'97 PSD CC SRW 4x4
TS 6 position w/ Swamps tuning, DIY intake, 4" offroad exhaust, Swamps IDM, 1.0 turbo with EBPV delete, Autometer gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode