Stick to Auto - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Stick to Auto

I know that most of you are having a melt down just from the title of this thread. That being said, just hear me out.

I've been looking for another RCLB 350 to use as another plow truck and I found one for a good price but it's a stick. I really don't want a stick for plowing, so I was wondering what all would it take to switch it to auto? Would I need to swap steering columns, or could I put a selector on the floor? Like a B&M shifter, and what all else would go into this swap? Any help is appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'96 F250 XLT CC SB 7.3L 4X4 -
Full Force Stage 1 injectors
3" dp / 4" exhaust w/delete -
TS 6 position chip -
Tymar intake -
Buck Stop front bumper / J&J Ent. Stainless rear bumper -
Air LIft airbags -
D60
4" BDS lift w/35' BFG AT's on 16" ProComp Xtreem Alloys -

'96 F350 RC LB 7.3L 4X4 -
33" MT -
Hiniker 8' C-Plow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Stick to Auto

If I remember correctly you'll need the auto harness also as its different than the man. Other than tha possibly drivelines

96 cclb f350.
idm mod,
gauges-boost/pyro/trans temp
afe stage 2 intake
dp to 4" straight pipe
studs, springs, pushrods
srp1
intercooler
electric fuel convertion
238/100
dp-tuner f6
T-4 mount and s470.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnRanger View Post
I know that most of you are having a melt down just from the title of this thread.

Heh heh I was like WTH LawnRanger what are you thinkin...hahahaa

Having switched the "other" way easiest I think is to get ye self a parts truck configure the same and have at er... or swap with someone who wants a stick...

Iirc the autos are about 6" longer than the ZF so you may need different X member, wiring harness, spacer for auto (2" on end of crank), and possibly drive shafts pending where you are getting parts.

Dash you will need steering column (like the idea of floor shifter and have seen a couple versions somewhere I think on here) so maybe not. Auto peddle box assembly, neutral safety plug, auto PCM. Straight forward swap really perhaps a bit of time messing about getting correct parts if not using a parts/swap truck.

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10s 37Ē Toyo R/Ts intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4Ē exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lights: VisionX & HID projectors in headlights.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post

Heh heh I was like WTH LawnRanger what are you thinkin...hahahaa

Having switched the "other" way easiest I think is to get ye self a parts truck configure the same and have at er... or swap with someone who wants a stick...

Iirc the autos are about 6" longer than the ZF so you may need different X member, wiring harness, spacer for auto (2" on end of crank), and possibly drive shafts pending where you are getting parts.

Dash you will need steering column (like the idea of floor shifter and have seen a couple versions somewhere I think on here) so maybe not. Auto peddle box assembly, neutral safety plug, auto PCM. Straight forward swap really perhaps a bit of time messing about getting correct parts if not using a parts/swap truck.

jrc
OK that shoots that idea down in flames! All that makes this truck "not a good deal". Guess I'll keep lookin'.

TS 6 position chip -
Tymar intake -
Air LIft airbags -
D60

33" MT -
Hiniker 8' C-Plow
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnRanger View Post
OK that shoots that idea down in flames! All that makes this truck "not a good deal". Guess I'll keep lookin'.
Or just buy it and sell it. I know around here a stick truck brings more $$ than an auto, my about $1000

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
PSN Local

Can you put a C6 behind the 7.3? If so you could throught a LoCar shifter on it, re-do the drive shafts and go... but by the time you make the swap you may as well just buy a more expensive auto truck and spend the time you would doing the swap plowing more lots.

I have a white truck...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchct View Post
Can you put a C6 behind the 7.3? If so you could throught a LoCar shifter on it, re-do the drive shafts and go... but by the time you make the swap you may as well just buy a more expensive auto truck and spend the time you would doing the swap plowing more lots.
My thoughts exactly.

TS 6 position chip -
Tymar intake -
Air LIft airbags -
D60

33" MT -
Hiniker 8' C-Plow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode