No start after S/D hpop install - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No start after S/D hpop install

New to the site and hoping I get more feed back than I did at the diesel garage lol. So the other nite I was on the way home and my hpop quit in me (no oil. No pressure ) and after 320k it was no suprize. So I had a 17' hpop off a super duty with less than 10k on it. So I installed it and while doin so I had to remove one of the lines and in a stupid move I cross threaded one of the lines but the truck ran great but it was spitin oil all over the place. so I took the pump out and got it fixed it took about two weeks to take care. In that time the batteries went stone dead. So I put them on charge and reinstalled the pump and relocated the fuel bowl and put it over top of the passenger side valve cover reconnected all the wires and filled with fuel and toped off the hpop Res. And went to start and nothing. Its been about a week and I can't get her to fire. I have replaced the cps and the ipr and checked for fuel pressure and got fuel but still no pressure out of a known working hpop. So a few questions. Could the batteries being dead for a little while have cleared the idm or pcm. And Am I supposed to have power to both wires going to the ipr valve. I'm trying a wts light and I got one p1211 code. Any ideas would be great. I'm starting a new job in to weeks and really need my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:39 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: No start after S/D hpop install

I'm assuming by your screenname that you have a 95....

If so, a 17* pump is NOT a direct bolt on to your truck... Sorry you had to find out the hard way on that one...

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:51 PM
PSN Local

if not a 95, then you might have the gear off center when you tightened nut and now it is just slipping

96 F250 XLT 4x4 210000 miles Dana 60, Baby Swamped,Tony Wildman tunes,AutoMeter Pyro Boost Trans ,DPP downpipe,Tymar intake BTS TRANS

e99 f350 cc/lb drw php hydra plus Tony Wildman tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:55 PM
STILL LEARNING

I would say you lost your prime. keep cranking and cranking and cranking. crank for 30 sec, let sit for 2 min to cool starter

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

It is a 95 and the SD pump is a direct bolt in it just dosnt have the anti drain back valve which didn't seem to cause any problems I only took it back out because of the fitting in the pump being cross threaded and was blowing o-rings after a few miles I have been cranking on it for hours now. A gear not being center makes since but how would you go about making sure its centerd without removing the radiator. I do know that the idm is good cause I had a buddy put it in his truck and it ran fine. Thanks for all the feed back so far. Keep em coming
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Call Terminator Engineering.... A Superduty pump will not work in a 95...

The 94 and 95 trucks have a different front cover...

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 AM
PSN Veteran

As mentioned, the front covers are different so you will get drainback. Did you change the IPR to the type without the edge filter? You may also have air in the system with the leakage and removal/reinstallation. How's the oil level in the HPOP reservoir? If you fill it and it keeps emptying, you gould have issues with the IPR power. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That's funny the pump worked for at least 3 days. But any ways. I pulled the pump and put another obs pump that a buddy had from a core motor and still have no fire
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 AM
PSN Local

17* pumps work on 95 front covers they just have extended cranking time to get it to start. ecm read any oil pressure?

03 f250 6.0L livewire egr delete, sinister head gaskets arp head studs, air dog 2 4in procomp lift on 35s. 95 f250 7.3L 300k miles dp tuner gtp 38 burned up trans. 84 f350 crew cab rust bucket.
i seem to be really good at breaking parts and spending money on things i dont need
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I did the oil pressure test with a mechanical gauge with both lines at the pump dead headed. The oil in the Res.never goes down it stays almost all the way at the top of threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode