PHP chip acting up - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN local

PHP chip acting up

I installed a PHP Phoenix about 2 weeks ago. I pulled the pcm and did proper cleaning of the terminals. No waxy residue left, and to the point where they were shiny, not to ground down. I installed the chip and no problems at all for a few hours. Then randomly i go to press the pedal and truck is on but nothing was happening. It continued to do this until i pulled the chip, reset the pcm by disconnecting the batteries and resinstalling the chip. Ran fine for about a week with no problems. A few days ago i started it up in the morning and it was doing the same thing until the truck warmed up and then everything was fine again. It did this for a few morning in a row until it wouldnt change at all, even when the truck was warmed up. So yesterday i pulled the chip again and ran the truck without it. Everything ran normal, just like it had before the chip so i know its not my truck. I reinstalled the chip...again, and it has run fine ever since.

This seems strange to me and the only thing i can think is that the chip is messing up. I know most of the problems people have from chips is from them not cleaning the pcm terminals good enough or too much but i dont believe this could be the case on mine because to me they looked perfect and i even submitted pictures on here and guys said they looked good.

Does anybody have any ideas???? Its gettin annoying to keep pulling the e-brake off and pulling the chip out and resetting everything

97 7.3
PHP Phoenix
IDM mod
AFE Big Boost
06 SD rear springs
Bilstein 5100s
3" MBRP downpipe
4 inch lift
Glowshift gauges- trans temp, boost, egt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: PHP chip acting up

Did you happen to contact them regarding this before starting the thread?

That's where I would start.

02 f250
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 PM
STILL LEARNING

Re: PHP chip acting up

Yeah. talk to your tuner

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode