Factory alarm ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Factory alarm ?

Just bought another OBS to replace my last one. First thing I wanted to know is, how do I find out if my new truck had a Factory installed alarm system? Came with no key fobs! But When I bought my Cobra years ago I came with no fobs but had a factory alarm.

Also If it has a alarm, can I reprogram one of the key fobs from my old truck to work? thanks

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Factory alarm ?

Yes you can reprogram. Look under steering wheel area by floorboard for a piece with 2 metal prongs sticking out. Jump the connection with a paper clip or something metal. The door locks should cycle. When they do mash a button on replacement key fob. They should cycle again. After that it is programmed. Just mash the buttons to be sure, before you lock your keys in the truck. Lol.

Btw, the location may not be exactly under steering wheel. It was over a year ago when i did it. It might be near floorboard under AC controls. Somewhere in that area tho.

Good luck.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Modded by a Chevy Express

What year is the truck? Anti-theft/keyless entry was a 95 and earlier option. 96/97 just got keyless as an option.

96 F250 SC/SWB/4X4 XLT Just a 7.3 with a bunch of the usual bolt-on crap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 F350 CC/LWB/4X4 DRW Lariat

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 AM
PSN Veteran

My '95 F350 has the factory anti theft. The word "THEFT" blinks on the dash for a few seconds when you open the driver's door. You can set it off if you lock the doors with the power lock button, then pull the inside door handle to open the door. If it has a functioning factory anti theft system the horn will honk and the lights will flash. Put the ignition key in and turn it on to cancel the alarm without a remote fob.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta 7.3 View Post
What year is the truck? Anti-theft/keyless entry was a 95 and earlier option. 96/97 just got keyless as an option.
Its a 96. And Im just wanting to know what and where to look to find out if the truck has it. Like I posted earlier. I have a key fob, but want to know if the truck has the alarm/keyless entry, so I can code the fob for the truck. Thanks

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 04:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Animosity, if your truck has remote entry the module is directly behind the cubbyhole to the right of the steering column. It'll have three plugs in the bottom of it. The gray two pin programming connector will be taped to the big wire harness going to the module, just a couple inches from the plugs at the module. Might be wrapped in tape. That's what you'll need to jumper with the key on to program your fob.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM

If you have keyless entry, you will see this under the dash.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks for the Pic. Looks like I dont have that under the dash. So who knows if the wiring harness is setup from the factory so that I can just add the box and then have the remote doors?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 03:05 AM

If you don't have the box/connectors, then you're not set up for it. The dash harness for a keyless entry truck is a different animal than the regular harness. If you're REALLY GOOD with electrical, you can get the RKE harness tail and a module out of a 94-95 taurus/sable and graft it into the dash harness. The other chance would be to find a PSD truck with it and swap the dash harness over. I actually added the module and a keypad since I did want an OE system primarily for the keypad. Adding an aftermarket remote/alarm system is far easier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode