Weird Problem...Timing? Cold weather induced - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Weird Problem...Timing? Cold weather induced

I'm having an odd issue with my truck and it seems to be brought on by colder weather. It seems when cruising down the road, I can feel what appears to be the timing increase and a slight rise in acceleration and engine speed. Almost feels like a "power surge" or pulse. Then it will stop and go back to normal, but almost feels like a power loss in a way. Pedal response is still good and if I put the go pedal down, it still responds well and has plenty of power. My thoughts initially were a bad throttle sensor, and it very well could be. But it only seems to do it when the temperature outside is cold. The colder it is, the worse it gets. I do have a chip in it and I have not tried to remove it yet. Also it is a 97 Cali truck with split shots. I just noticed a slight fuel leak in the valley, not sure if it is a bad pump or what. If the Fuel dampener or fuel pump is bad could that be causing these problems? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dan

1997 F-350 4x4, PSD, Cali truck, TS chip, DIY intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Weird Problem...Timing? Cold weather induced

Mine had same issues but no fuel leak. A few months later it was getting worse. Turned out to be the stock fuel pump. Twin pump e-fuel fixed it right up.

96- PIS 350 200s. 76mm Billett GT4202R. Big Oil. Twin E-Fuel.
BTS. Sump. 140v IDM. Melling. Fluidamper. H11. VS. PR.
Auto Meter- Boost, Pyro, HPOP, Trans, Fuel.
HPOP/coolant/trans filters.
6.0 I/C and Trans cooler.

2012 SRT8 300 6.4
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Weird Problem...Timing? Cold weather induced

thanks for the input, guess I'll fix what's broke first and go from there. just not looking forward to doing the fuel pump on cali truck, I heard its a bear.

1997 F-350 4x4, PSD, Cali truck, TS chip, DIY intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode