Coolant Loss - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Heath

Coolant Loss

Looks like it will be a great week!! Truck started running rough last night. Ran a cc test and buzz test and got a 1298-idm failure. Still has decent power and its my only ride so I took it to work this morning. I stopped to fuel up and checked the oil. Turbo pedestal is leaking a bit and I have had to add oil every now and then(d-66 just came in this week and is waiting to go on the truck) I pulled the stick and the level was a quart high--WTF! Looked over at the degas bottle and its empty. I just put new injectors and orings in 2 weeks ago. Thought maybe I cut and oring or a cup cracked\unseated(visually they looked OK) but everything I am reading says that since the oil pressure is greater than coolant I would have the opposite issue of what I have.

So is this a blown head gasket--cracked block or head? 240,000 miles on the truck. Gearhead tunes that are still for stock sticks, and a stock turbo. Any suggestion on what\how to test?

2005 250 crewcab king ranch
arps, egr delete,coolant and oil bypass filters
4" turbo back MBRP
A-1000 fuel w\Reg return
Warrne 175\30's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Heath

Re: Coolant Loss

Ok made it back home and i was mistaken on the coolant. sort of! I rigged a gauge into the coolant system and did find two leaks (lower radiator hose had a small one and the 1" line going up to the heater core rubbed through on the frame) I drained the oil and couldn't see anything so I am guesing fuel in mixing causing the level to go up??? I used brand new oring kits and dipped the entire injector bottom in clean oil before installing them--checked with a straight edge and everything seemed straight. new coppers on the ends and all the old ones came out. Is there anything else to check or did I cut an oring? Thanks

2005 250 crewcab king ranch
arps, egr delete,coolant and oil bypass filters
4" turbo back MBRP
A-1000 fuel w\Reg return
Warrne 175\30's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode