94.5 OBS problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
IH Diesel Power

94.5 OBS problem

Alright guys, im lookin at a 94 Powerstroke, Regular cab long box 5 speed with 178,000 miles on it. The guy wants 2000 for the truck and its actually pretty clean looking, all power locks and windows, not much rust. The catch is the truck will start right up and run for a few seconds and then die. I havent been there to look at it yet but the owner says it doesnt smoke, it just starts runs for a few seconds and dies. He said he thought it was a CPS but that doesnt sound like a CPS problem to me. He said it doesnt smoke just starts and dies. That all the info i have for right now until i get there to look at it later today. Does that sound like a cps to you guys or what else should i look for? If it isnt anything major i think that is a pretty good price. Thanks in advance
Dillon

Current
99/05 F250 XLT Ccsb 4x4, 7.3l, ZF6
, Power Struck Tuned, Luk Clutch, RR, Comp 910s, and more sh!t.
Sold
99 F250 Lariat Ccsb 4x4, 7.3L, 4R100, The Basics
Totalled
08 F250 Lariat Ccsb 4x4, 6.4L, 5R110, SCT Livewire IDP Custom Tuned, 5" Exhaust, Custom Traction Bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 94.5 OBS problem

If its not setting a CEL, maybe check the fuel pressure, try switching fuel tanks, and maybe even check the fuel filter. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
IH Diesel Power

Well got it home yesterday, it was low on oil and the fuel bowl was empty. Went to town picked up oil and five gallons of fuel, put 6 quarts in it beofre it was even on the dipstick, put fuel in her, primed it, cranked for 30 seconds and it fired right up. So i bought a 94 powerstroke with 173,000 miles for 1700 dollars that was just low on oil and out of diesel. Lol probably the best investment i have ever made

Current
Sold
Totalled
08 F250 Lariat Ccsb 4x4, 6.4L, 5R110, SCT Livewire IDP Custom Tuned, 5" Exhaust, Custom Traction Bars.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 03:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Great Find!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Keep an eye on that oil level! If it uses it quickly (like quarts in a few hundred miles), it may need new injector o-rings. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 02:28 AM
PSN Veteran

right on....!! What Patrick said...

Good find and luck with it,

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I know nothing...

Update?

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
IH Diesel Power

Ran Great for about 2 days, Was pullin a load with it Saturday Morning, was running great and then lost power. Turns out the mechanical fuel pump went out, It has been leaking into the valley so it needed to be replaced anyway. Took Advantage of the situation and tore the whole fuel system off the motor, Fuel bowl, pump and lines. Went to Town and picked up a stock superduty pump, an inline filter system with the drop down filter, and a regulator and made a custom electric fuel system making plenty of fuel pressure for around 250 bucks. It looks really good and the truck runs alot better, more responsive, more midrange and high end power. It really cleaned up the look of the engine. After driving it i noticed i was leaking oil from the rear main seal and the back of the turbo pedestal so i tore the turbo out and the motor is getting pulled next weekend to throw it all together. Was wondering what is all needed to switch to a superduty turbo? I have a stock Sd turbo just sitting on the shelf and my obs one isnt in that great of shape. Do i just need up pipes and a diffrent pedestal or what is all needed? I have a 3 inch downpipe on the way and i dont know what else i need to order to switch turbo setups.

Current
Sold
Totalled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode