I DONT FIT....Help!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I DONT FIT....Help!!!

Went to look at a 96 CC today, would be my first PSD....With my vast knowledge of the 7.3 ( actuay reading here a month or two) all seemed well for a truck with 240K on it....

Well went to take for a test drive... Seat all the way back and the to recline...Well theres no recline with the bench seat!!!!

I'm 6'5" 290lbs ( lotta time in the gym) i have to be able to recline...I have more leg room in my 98 maxima...

What are my options? Seats from a SD? I have read with that, unless theres a tilt wheel i will have my knees in the wheel...

I think i can get this truck for 6k and really would like to buy it but if i dont fit that sucks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Just another OBS addict

Re: I DONT FIT....Help!!!

If it's an XLT that has a full bench and not the 40/20/40 seat then someone swapped the stock buckets and console for a rear bench, which in the OBS trucks bolts into the front. Seen it too many times, looks like chit, I spot it a mile away. If it's a XL truck then it probably had the bench stock (vinyl). If its an XL then find a XLT bucket seat set in a junkyard or from someone parting out a truck, like on here or craigslist.

On another note, yes you can put SD seats in an OBS (do a google search, it's easy to do, just a little fabrication and time). But your best bet is to find OBS buckets, but then again good luck to find some in good condition. Not the easiest thing to do these days.

Remember it doesn't have to be a F250/350, F150 seats also work, as well...they're the same in most cases.

1995 F250 SCLB 4X4 Auto - '97 D60/10.5" rear, 4.5" PMF RSK/V's, PMF Trac Bars, Sway Bars, MBRP Exhaust, DP F5, Efuel, RRD Diff Cover, Tymar Intake, Isspro Performaxs/Quad Pod, Recon Cab Lights, 05 Lariat SD Steering Wheel
FF250/2's, ARP Studs, Comp Beehives, Smith Bros Pushrods, 1.15 38r, RRD Boost Fooler, 99.5+ Intake, SD 7.3 IC
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherstroker6 View Post
If it's an XLT that has a full bench and not the 40/20/40 seat then someone swapped the stock buckets and console for a rear bench, which in the OBS trucks bolts into the front. Seen it too many times, looks like chit, I spot it a mile away. If it's a XL truck then it probably had the bench stock (vinyl). If its an XL then find a XLT bucket seat set in a junkyard or from someone parting out a truck, like on here or craigslist.

On another note, yes you can put SD seats in an OBS (do a google search, it's easy to do, just a little fabrication and time). But your best bet is to find OBS buckets, but then again good luck to find some in good condition. Not the easiest thing to do these days.

Remember it doesn't have to be a F250/350, F150 seats also work, as well...they're the same in most cases.
You know what!!!! The front seat had the same pullout arm rest setup the rear seat had...Yea its a XLT has cruise, power etc....

I have found a ton of info on the SD swap, but i'm lost on exactley what year seats i should look for from a SD...I want the 40/20/40 setup...

I know i will never find OEM buckets ....

What about aftermarket buckets? Found a few companies....

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 AM

I am 6'2 and do not have enough leg room......I keep saying I am going to move the seat back an extra inch or two.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Just another OBS addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spstactical View Post
You know what!!!! The front seat had the same pullout arm rest setup the rear seat had...Yea its a XLT has cruise, power etc....
Yep, then it's a back seat .

Quote:
I have found a ton of info on the SD swap, but i'm lost on exactley what year seats i should look for from a SD...I want the 40/20/40 setup...
All of the SD seats are the same mounts AFAIK. The 02-up seats are a different design than the 99-01's (the 02-up are blocky instead of rounded like OBS seats). Most of the one's I've seen swapped are 03-07's, but probably only because they look better. However I've heard that they sit a lot higher due to the seat bracket being taller than the OBS ones. Therefore, you being that tall may have a problem with your line of sight being too close to the top of the windshield and/or your head being too close to the roof. Just something to consider.

Not really sure on the aftermarket ones, I've never seen any I liked.

Quote:
I know i will never find OEM buckets ....
What about aftermarket buckets? Found a few companies....
There's quite a few OBS buckets out there, especially in junk yards. I'd even keep an eye out on craigslist for trucks being parted out. There's also quite a few on here from time to time (I know there's at least 2 right now). If you find OBS seats but they're dirty you could always get them recovered, I've been thinking about getting leather put on mine one of these days.

Not really sure on the aftermarket ones, I've never seen any I liked.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 AM
PSN Veteran

where are you located I have a half ton I am considering parting out and it has a 40/20/40 seat in it but I am still undecided on parting it out

2006 ford F 250 Amarillo 4" turbo back other than that stock for now
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 AM
PSN Local

i have the 40/20/40 on my 95. Im 6,2 and i have more than enough leg room. I acually find it extramy comfortable and lots of room for me.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrock View Post
i have the 40/20/40 on my 95. Im 6,2 and i have more than enough leg room. I acually find it extramy comfortable and lots of room for me.
Me too and me too, never thought I lacked on leg room at all, I love my seats. I also wear boots that make me closer to 6'4" and don't have issue

'97 4x4 ECLB: SD IC, TW 4 pos, afe, 3-4" w/areoturbine, 4 gauge, DIY stage 1s, GTP38R, cust E-fuel, E-brake, stage3 CM meth, 439hp still trying for 600. cust stereo, highamp alt, cust paint
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 F-150 RCLB: 460 swap, 3" lift, 33's,Trussed 9" w/ chrome-moly shafts, cust stereo, locked front/rear. My first love! EFI & Turbo coming soon...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 AM
PSN Local

I have a 93 cc with sd seats I love em I had the 40/20/40 in my ext cab and the only thing I kinda don't like is when I sit strait up my head touches the top of the cab and I'm 6'4"
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to joebob3093

i have captains chairs in mine have have been looking for a 40/20/40. where are you located?

{95 F250 Powerstroke XLT} 5 spd, injectors by Farmers Diesel, tunes by tyrant diesel, AFE stage 2 intake, custom intercooler, 3" down pipe to custom 5in stack. EBPV break, custom electric fuel system, IDM mod by mattymx, CCV mod, D60 with F-Superduty springs, diprocol EGT, Boost and Fuel PSI guages.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode