Exhaust issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
I aim to misbehave

Exhaust issue

I put the Diamond Eye 4" setup on my truck and have nothing but problems with the tailpipe section mainly. The hump pipe won't work because of my gooseneck and it has to be tilted ~45 deg to fit and won't stay tight, put in a straight piece over the axle and it gets rubbed by the diff causing the tailpipe to turn and drop and won't stay tight. I've tried locktite on the clamps, torque wrench the nuts, impacts, new nuts, etc and nothing wants to stay tight. My only thoughts are either put in elbows and make it dump in front of the tire or run a single 6" stack. Neither option thrills me because in front of the tire looks incomplete and the stack requires a diffrent toolbox, moving my antennas and I'm not sure about the look due to the shortbed. Any advice would be great or pics of CC short beds with stacks (my search turned up few).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Exhaust issue

put a few tack welds on it! or weld it solid and get rid of the clamps

00,f350 lariat,4x4,cc,drw,38r,bdp stage 2/170cc/100s,bdp live tunes,4''down 5''back,dieselsite adrenaline,diy RR w/walbro,bellowed uppies, BTS trans!

01, rclb, 4x4, zf6, caned ts tunes, xl work truck package, 4'' tbe
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
I like turtles

Get a welder a put a couple tacks on it. I always weld my exhaust systems anyways except the down pipe.

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
Once had a signature that had some bad ass stuff on it. Now its back to crap.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnlocker View Post
put a few tack welds on it! or weld it solid and get rid of the clamps
Dang you

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 AM
<----Nice headlights!!!

If you need to move the tailpipe section closer to the framerail to get around an obstacle just bend the piece of rod that goes into the hanger until it clears the 5'er hitch. A 4" pipe doesnt need a ton of room. If you put the tailpipe straight up and down they usually vibrate against the heatshield on the bottom side of the bed anyway. Of course, you and clearance that issue with a sleever bar!!!

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
I aim to misbehave

Thought about welding it but the rest of the system dosen't want to come apart as it is and is a PITA to take off (emmisions testing). My gooseneck goes all the way accros between the rails and between the tank/bed crossmember and the gooseneck frame wasn't enough room for the hump pipe and I can't pull the exhaust any closer to the frame or else I'll have to chain it over there. The only thing keeping the tailpipe from hitting the ground is a piece of rod where the hanger was supposed to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:20 AM
<----Nice headlights!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromehound View Post
Thought about welding it but the rest of the system dosen't want to come apart as it is and is a PITA to take off (emmisions testing). My gooseneck goes all the way accros between the rails and between the tank/bed crossmember and the gooseneck frame wasn't enough room for the hump pipe and I can't pull the exhaust any closer to the frame or else I'll have to chain it over there. The only thing keeping the tailpipe from hitting the ground is a piece of rod where the hanger was supposed to be.
Honestly, you should be able to figure something out. Take a piece of roundstock(1/8,3/16 or the like) and heat it with a torch and bend it to fit around the tailpipe. Then tack it to the pipe and hook the other end on something. Or if you must use the frame rail bend a "J" into the end of the rod and hook it in a hole on the frame and bend the other end to cradle the pipe. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

My buddy has a sb and a goosey and a 5" exh and we didnt have any trouble putting the tailpipe in.

Can you take pics and post them so we can see what you're dealing with.

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
I aim to misbehave

Current tailpipe holder that needs to be fixed

Tried pushing it closer to the shock but no go

Where the diff rubs the pipe

Currently the exhaust is lower than it normally sits since it works loose after some driving and I'm wanting to put a bigger set of tanks in so I'm going to have to move it anyways I bet

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 AM
I like turtles

you sure exhaust is for a obs

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
I aim to misbehave

Yeah checked site I ordered from, packing slip. The part over the rear end is from something else once I found the hump pipe wasn't working. This is the only time I've had an issue with an exhaust swap/mfg and the first time I used Diamond Eye - not impressed.

Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust Ford 7.3L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode