Truck loping real bad - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Truck loping real bad

Just started loping at idle and low rpm. Ran fine, then started up this morning (been really wet out if it matters) and the problem. Seems to go away at higher RPM when the turbo kicks in. And I also noticed I have engine blow-by as well. Truck does not smoke at all that I can notice. Where to start? No CEL BTW. I'm thinking (hoping) maybe injector orings. Recently had new fuel pump, and IPR orings. I unpluged the valve cover harness plugs one at a time and it got worse and was a different sound each time so it's not that either. Thanks fellas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
<-Friends bike

Re: Truck loping real bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu927 View Post
Just started loping at idle and low rpm. Ran fine, then started up this morning (been really wet out if it matters) and the problem. Seems to go away at higher RPM when the turbo kicks in. And I also noticed I have engine blow-by as well. Truck does not smoke at all that I can notice. Where to start? No CEL BTW. I'm thinking (hoping) maybe injector orings. Recently had new fuel pump, and IPR orings. I unpluged the valve cover harness plugs one at a time and it got worse and was a different sound each time so it's not that either. Thanks fellas
If its an auto , try starting it in neutral...

If it's OK then its the transmission range sensor ...

May want to look at the ICP sensor too, look for oil seeping from it ...

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Special thanks to RacerX USA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

5spd.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 AM
<-Friends bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu927 View Post
5spd.
Loping means the PCM is confused . Unplug the ICP & look for oil leaking from the sensor.
Are you running an ICP mod ?

Are you running a chip?

Make sure the C Case is full.

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families

Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Haven't you heard? Lope is the new style.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No ICP mod and no chip. I'll check for oil leak tomorrow. Is it injector orings that cause blow by? I don't think thats the problem (wouldn't have just all of the sudden started like it did). I am just curious because I know a year ago I didn't have hardly any blow by.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No oil leak either.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Started her up this morning and she ran normal. Any ideas of what would cause this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode