new thread, same problem, help plz, got pics - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

new thread, same problem, help plz, got pics

ok so my truck has been down a few months now, its not starting now and to make a long story short here is what i have checked/replaced
1. replaced cps
2. checked valve cover wire harness
3. replaced fuel filter
4. replaced fuel pump
5. got a code reader but no codes.

now i just replaced my fuel pump and while i was in there i found a connector unplugged and have no idea what it goes to, its the first pic on here (if i loaded the pics correct) its a two prong weather pack connector and is on the driver side valve cover. now the other two pics are a connector i forgot to plug back in after taking the fuel bowl out, i know where it goes but after further inspection its trashed, can you tell me what it is? i think its the fuel pressure somthing-or-other but want to be sure...that may be my culpret. but if the connector to that is shot, wouldnt that throw a code? any ways thanks for the help fellas.
first pic is the one i found unplugged and it is NOT the one plugged in under the turbo...thats already plugged in

this pic is the connector that is shot, comes from under the fuel bowl i think and connects in the next pic

this is on the driver side of the fuel bowl, down in the front valley sort of and is where the broken connector plugs into
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Canadian Eh

Re: new thread, same problem, help plz, got pics

the one that is fried is your icp
im pretty sure it needs to be plugged in
the other one could be the ipr
also check to see if you didnt accidentally plug your ipr into the ebpv or vice versa

96 F250 7.3, auto, eclb, D60 swap, TS 6 pos, diy intake, Flo-pro turboback, ccv mod, Isspro gauges, Detroit Truetrac, 16x10 eagles, 315/75/16 Fierce Attitudes
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 AM
PSN Veteran

you can buy new wires for that area on ebay I believe.

'97 4x4 ECLB: SD IC, TW 4 pos, afe, 3-4" w/areoturbine, 4 gauge, DIY stage 1s, GTP38R, cust E-fuel, E-brake, stage3 CM meth, 439hp still trying for 600. cust stereo, highamp alt, cust paint
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 F-150 RCLB: 460 swap, 3" lift, 33's,Trussed 9" w/ chrome-moly shafts, cust stereo, locked front/rear. My first love! EFI & Turbo coming soon...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 PM
PSN Newb

Not sure about the first picture but maybe it does belong in the bottom of your turbo and the one plugged into it goes somewhere else.

That last one with the metal clip plugs in just behind your HPOP reseviour.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 PM
PSN Local

Looks like the first one is for the EBPV and the second may be the IPR if it is the one to the left and under the fuel bowl

95 F-250 plow/work truck, Meyer 7.5 ft plow, lift gate, cat delete, straight pipe, fact. no A/C, CCV Mod, Tymar intake, Diesel Site trans filter, SD tensioner
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
PSN Newb

That 2 prong plug that you have in your hand does go to the bottom of your turbo. At least that is where mine is.

Also I should be more clear. That plug with the metal clip goes on teh back of the HPOP itself on the drivers side...not the resevoir.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 AM
PSN Local

Been there done that, you can replace the complete fuel bowl harness for about 80$ at the ford dealer. It will have the connector with the metal clip. Thats the IPR. It needs to be plugged in to run correctly. I don't however know what else could be fried from that being shorted out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 AM
PSN Veteran

im almost positive that the truck will not run at all unless the IPR plug is in

95 f250 ECLB,silver/purple 199k FFD 350/200s, arps, comp 910 shimmed, BTS ZF delete, glowshift EGT,Boost,trans temp,6" aussies,6637, 6.oh IC,dual sd elec fuel. irate T4, S475/96,136k 97 motor. Twin termies

Plans: twin turbs, crowers and fresh rebuild.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:16 AM
PSN Local

They are , as a stated above , the EBPV with the green two pronged deal....you can leave that unplugged if you want or plug it..The other with the clip is the IPR connector and the truck will not run with it unplugged , so you definitely need to plug that one back in...clean it first with some contact cleaner... if the clip / connector is fried you can splice in a UVC connector as they are the same....

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Yeah the ipr will stay open so it will bleed off all pressure leaving it impossible for the truck to start

95 f250 ECLB,silver/purple 199k FFD 350/200s, arps, comp 910 shimmed, BTS ZF delete, glowshift EGT,Boost,trans temp,6" aussies,6637, 6.oh IC,dual sd elec fuel. irate T4, S475/96,136k 97 motor. Twin termies

Plans: twin turbs, crowers and fresh rebuild.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode