Water Pump Time but I have Questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Location: West Jordan UT, currently working in Colo. Springs CO.
Water Pump Time but I have Questions

So here is what I have found so far:

O'reilly's-Master Pro with Lifetime Warranty, $150.00

Napa-Tru Flow with Lifetime Warranty, $152.00

International-one year Warranty, about $400.00 (right side inlet, requires adapter kit, $150.00?)

One Ford Dealer-Brand New pump with One year Warranty, $272.00

Seconed Ford Dealer-Rebuilt pump with one year warranty, $286.00

Haldex RW 6114 (going thru Fleet Pride), $202.51 with limited lifetime warranty. This one has been an issue trying to get the right pump. This pump is for a bus / has inlet on right side and they cannot find one that has the inlet on the left side. Fleet Pride even contacted Haldex and they couldn't tell them which one I need. The guy at Fleet Pride has been very helpful in trying to find the correct pump for me. I have even given him the last eight of my Vin# to try and help locate one through them.

I don't know if I am missing something, so I would like to get some input from all you guys as to what I should go with.

Thanks in advance.

'96 CC, LB White,F350,176,000 plus mi.
IDM mod,
shimmed FPR,
Gutted EBPV and Pedestal,
3"dp to 4" out to front of tire,
AFE stage 2 air filter,
35"BFG's with no lift,
Diamond Clear Headlights,
Dieselsite's coolant filter & tranny filter,
ton's of repairs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 AM
psdguy97

Re: Water Pump Time but I have Questions

Why not get a pump from dieselsite? I got mine from there and i couldn't be happier.

95 F-250 ECLB

6637 air intake, 3 inch dp to 4 inch exhaust, EBPV delete, ccv mod, glowshift gauges ( fuel pressure, boost, trans temp, pyrometer ) Dp tuner ( no start, stock, 80hp econo, 60hp tow)

Cobra 29 classic w/nightwatch, Wilson 1000 magnet mount, weather guard backrack, code 3 lightbar.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks for the idea, it would be cheaper to get everything there. However they are closed from May 9th to May 23rd. and I need to have the pump installed before then. So it looks like I need to get it somewhere else.

IDM mod,
shimmed FPR,
AFE stage 2 air filter,
35"BFG's with no lift,
ton's of repairs,

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Bump........

IDM mod,
shimmed FPR,
AFE stage 2 air filter,
35"BFG's with no lift,
ton's of repairs,
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:53 PM

Are you wanting to go with the IH pump with built in filter or back to a stock pump?

I went with the IH w/ filter setup and am quite happy. NAPA ordered it for me for $225 or so, a few bolts, filter & a couple of nipples and I was in business. Oh and a hose.

It is all in what YOU want to do and want to spend.

Int'l water pump w/ filter...installed - PowerStrokeNation

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Here are the fittings I used for the IH pump if you decide to go that route.

PowerStrokeNation - View Single Post - Thinking about an International Water Pump

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM
PSN Local

Here is some more info on the International pump and another source for it.

PowerStrokeNation - View Single Post - Thinking about an International Water Pump

Shawn

96 Roll-A-Long F-350 4x4 Crew: 135,000 miles, built E4OD, 1.0 exhaust housing, 3"x4" down pipe, 4" exhaust, Navistar water pump, SKY RSK with SD springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

PSRumors and AZStang,
both of you are saying to use the RW 6114 pump correct? In the pictures it shows the inlet on the right hand side / passanger side. Did you guys buy the rerouting kit to get the hose back over to the drivers side?

As I said in my OP, I have already looked into the Haldex RW 6114 (going thru Fleet Pride), $202.51 with limited lifetime warranty. This one has been an issue trying to get the right pump. This pump is for a bus / has inlet on right side and they cannot find one that has the inlet on the left side. Fleet Pride even contacted Haldex and they couldn't tell them which one I need.

With Diesel Site being closed for a while, I think i'm going to go with the one from Napa. I cant keep jackin around, I gotta get this thing done.

IDM mod,
shimmed FPR,
AFE stage 2 air filter,
35"BFG's with no lift,
ton's of repairs,
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 PM

If you will look at the links it will tell you exactly what you need.

If you want to do the IH water pump that has the filter you buy a new lower radiator hose. This allows for the outlet to be on the passenger side.

I have no idea what is meant by a rerouting kit. Have not seen one.

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want the IH pump with filter start reading the link we posted.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 03:50 PM
PSN Local

PSRumors is right. We are suggesting installing the Navistar school bus version of the water pump rather than using another pump like you have on there now. The benefit to doing that is that the school bus pump has a built in header where you screw on a coolant filter. This pump is a direct bolt on, but does require some modifications:

1. You will need to get some longer mounting bolts form Navistar.
2. You will need a different lower radiator hose. I think it's one from a Dodge Cummins.
3. You will have to either grind a spot down on the new pump or buy an idler pulley and a longer belt.
4. You will have to move some heater hose fittings around on the pump as well as plug some other holes that are not used.

Of course you'll also need a coolant filter. It is a worth wile mod and pretty easy to do. It will take more time than a stock water pump given some of the changes that need to be made though.

At the top of this thread are links to two other threads that have all the info.
Thinking about an International Water Pump - PowerStrokeNation

Post back here with any questions though as I think those are pretty old.

Shawn

96 Roll-A-Long F-350 4x4 Crew: 135,000 miles, built E4OD, 1.0 exhaust housing, 3"x4" down pipe, 4" exhaust, Navistar water pump, SKY RSK with SD springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode