truck has funny shudder and miss? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

truck has funny shudder and miss?

I will try to explain this the best I can, my truck from a stop has a funky kind of shudder- miss off the line especially if I. Lay into it pretty hard. Mileage is good and oil is good has a few light mods but no chip now. Somedays it runs like a champ and somedays a outright turd, make any sense? Every 3 tanks I use powerservice and I Use the powerstroke brand oil please help with this as I. Don't. Want to take it to the shop, no check engine light either, any info appreciated thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: truck has funny shudder and miss?

Anybody? This is the second time I Have asked this question, any help appreciated!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Jimmy96psd

My buddies truck did the same thing... Whenever he came to a stop and pushed in the clutch it would idle really rough soundin. Then once he puts a load back on it it's fine. He bought the truck new. The one day ford sent him a letter sayin there was a recall on a speed control sensor (I'm not completely sure that's what it was called but it's something like that) and to take it to a ford dealer and have it changed. Had it changed and it fixed the problem... For about six months. Idk if that's the problem yr having but it sounds alot like his

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for the info, had that recall done a couple years ago and did I believe cam sensor done at same time. Yeah going down highway usually runs good, my idle seems to be ok and good mpgs for what it is, keep it coming guys nobody much works on powerstrokes around here except dealership and I. Don't just want to give my money away, tried that already and cost me couple hundred bucks to be told couldn't. Find anything. Don't mind spending money just want it to count. I am getting ready to spend quite a bit on the old girl just want some form of bearing on what this problem is, thanks!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 AM
PSN Veteran

how many miles? original high pressure oil pump? new/old injection pressure rugulator? original injectors? the more info about the truck the better.

96- PIS 350 200s. 76mm Billett GT4202R. Big Oil. Twin E-Fuel.
BTS. Sump. 140v IDM. Melling. Fluidamper. H11. VS. PR.
Auto Meter- Boost, Pyro, HPOP, Trans, Fuel.
HPOP/coolant/trans filters.
6.0 I/C and Trans cooler.

2012 SRT8 300 6.4
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
PSN Local

I will add that I bet your IPR (injector pressure regulator) is sticking when oil is cold and works half decent as it warms up . Could be o-rings on ipr are ok but the valve is dirty causing bad performance when oil is cold. When I had a faulty IPR it felt like a trailer was pushing and pulling me at low rpm but still had plenty power when hard running it.

96 F250 XLT 4x4 210000 miles Dana 60, Baby Swamped,Tony Wildman tunes,AutoMeter Pyro Boost Trans ,DPP downpipe,Tymar intake BTS TRANS

e99 f350 cc/lb drw php hydra plus Tony Wildman tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
oil burner

my truck ran similar to what your describing till i replaced the old 275k mile injectors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

96 f250, ZF5,160cc,
300k miles

96 f350 plow truck
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 AM
PSN Newb

well idk if this is goin to help you bud, but i am having the same problem with my trucks. all i can tell you is the same thing that the mechanic at my job told me to do (i work for a school) which was check for any and all boost leaks. i started by replacing the line to the map sensor and it helped a little bit, pretty much check all the couplers for any kind of oil residue and tighten them all down. if there is oil on them there is a chance it was leaking boost (that is of course as long as your valve cover isnt leaking).

I am waitin on the new couplers and turbo seal so i will update you if this changes anyhting for me.

btw my truck is stock just intake and exhaust with 240,000 miles
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Failure to Communicate

Monitor fuel pressure and HPOP while driving look for anything erratic with either, you will need a 4000psi gauge setup for the HPOP don't run them inside the cab either one.

96 F250 CC SB 4x4
DIY or Die Tryin-Fuel, Trans, Lifted and Stroked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode