Low Power and MPG - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Squatch

Exclamation Low Power and MPG

Thought someone might care enough to respond if I put it here. Desparate please help....Wondering who will cypher my AE recordings if I send them.?????????????????????????????????
OK here goes. Rebuilt injectors from Pensacola Diesel, new UVCH's, new fuel pump, new EOT sensor, new ICP, new IPR, new Up pipes, new glow plugs and new glow plug relay. My problem has not changed since all this new stuff, low power and low MPG. Before the miles hit around 110000 truck was getting 19-21mpgs and had plenty to haul 9000 lb trailer. Now struggles up a 7 1/2 % grade and only gets around 15 mpg on a good day. I do have 285 tires which shouldn't have made that much difference. I have logged the haul up the hill with AE and seems to be fine with Duty cycle and icp pressure????? No codes either. Anyone have any ideas where to turn now???????????? Been like this now for quite some time now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Still have hard start issues some also. Gonna change starter today(seems weak). Please help. About ready for auto-homicide.Wondering who will cypher my AE recordings if I send them.?????????????????????????????????
97 F-250 Ext Cab 4X4 Auto
272000 Miles
3" Down Pipe
4" Cat Delete Exhaust
6637 Filter Mod

Here are a couple of AE recordings. From about 97 to 145 or so on the chart is pulling the hill.......
Attached Files
File Type: xls Condensed May 4 3.xls (68.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: xls ICP May 4.xls (44.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by jrcrane1; 05-08-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 01:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Barnbuilder
Re: Low Power and MPG

Alot of pepole have had issues with Pensacola.

1999 F350 CC XLT 4x4 6spd
2006 F350 CC KR 4x4
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:14 PM
PSN Local

Hey man I have similar problem I think and have tried alot of stuff to figure out why my truck seems way underpowered stock. Some people say thats how these things are but i don't know. We probly have different problems or it might just be how my truck is but I will be tunning into this thread for some ideas. Good luck trying to figure out your problem man. I know how frustrating it is, you will figure it out with all the great info and help from people on here.

Oxford White 2011 f-250 Lariat ccsb 6.7 Stock for now

1995 F-250 ext. Cab 7.3, New paint, Rosewood Stage 2 160/80%,TS 6 Pos Chip with PHP tunes, D60 conversion, 6637 filter, ccv, 3" dp 4" straight piped no cat or muffler, 7.3 intercooler with banks piping kit, and air ride 5000 rear air bags. SOLD

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM
PSN Veteran

If it were my truck, I would be looking long and hard at those injectors... Pensecola = horsechit.

If you can do a buzz test, i would.

If you run the truck with the valve covers off, watch the oil spouts and look for any that may differ from the rest.

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Squatch

Cool Re: Low Power and MPG

Yeah I know. Pensacola had great feedback and supposed customer satisfaction and a great price, why I went with them, but I wish I would have found out the truth about them before hand. I wouldn't have wasted a grand with junk. Too bad we can't get a class action lawsuit against them to recoup our money and dignity. I have done a buzz test when cold and not plugged in and several are very faint if not there at all. CCT shows periodic #'s 3 and 7 imbalance................

273000 Miles
3" Down Pipe
4" Cat Delete Exhaust
6637 Filter Mod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 AM

Sounds like you know the answer

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Squatch

I agree it may be some of my problem at the present time but like I said it started down this low power and lost milage road way before the injector issue.........any ideas anyone. Are there any tech guys on this site who care enough to give a look see at my AE results I posted or am I barking up a dead tree.??????????????????

273000 Miles
3" Down Pipe
4" Cat Delete Exhaust
6637 Filter Mod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Well with the injectors you have in there have to go before we can help. ####y injectors will cause ####y fuel milage and power and lots of other problems.

Here is a video of a truck a friend was working on that his uncle bought pensecola injectors. Truck ran worse then before and created this nice knock to once installed and power went way down... Also a constant raw fuel smoke out of the exhaust.

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Squatch

Possible my original injectors started going chitbag around 120000 cusing this and junk from Pensacola made worse is what you might be saying.....................?

273000 Miles
3" Down Pipe
4" Cat Delete Exhaust
6637 Filter Mod

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
PSN Veteran

Yep it is very posible they were... Then the Pensacolas made it worse or about the same. I had something break in my stock injector at 150k had terrible fuel knock and lots of smoke.

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode