Help its getting dark! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
OBS Roller

Help its getting dark!

I am putting a heim joint on the clutch pivot. I need to know how to take out the clutch master to cut off the end! please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Help its getting dark!

im not sure but I'll bump it for ya

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Undo the pivot, you have to unhook (unplug) the neutral switch, black thing on the clutch peddle rod. It splits in half if you look close there is two locking tabs that you pinch and slide, then the body of the neutral switch will split in half. Next under hood find the master cylinder and undo top and bottom bolts I used a deep well socket on the bottom 3/8 drive and a ratchet wrench on the top one. IIRC 13mm. Should slide out after that. I think there is a small pin in the plastic master housing near the steel hose line and if you drive that out (thought I read that somewhere) you can pull the line off. Not sure how you bleed it though on install?

I think if careful you can take off the slave and slide the whole assembly (slave hydraulic line and master) up through the engine bay to keep it all together. I have been cautioned NOT to press the rod in while the slave is off the transmission or it will pop the slave apart.....not totally sure on that though...

Hopefully someone else on here will shed more light.

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Yeah, indeed DON'T activate the hydraulics without the slave rod up against the fork. It's even better if you can tie something onto the slave to keep the slave rod tied back, sorta like the little hold-back thingy that comes with a new replacement slave.

I think you may have to rotate the master a little after unbolting from the firewall, to get it to clear.

'Course, this is why, on an already installed hydraulics, I'd rather just do the drill stop collar trick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode