Batery light off and on? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
DAMN THATS HOT!

Batery light off and on?

My batery light comes on sometimes below 1500 rpms and will flicker on and off. Sometimes it doesnt come on at all. I dont have trouble starting or with any electronic stuff. Why could this be?

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?"

I like my trucks like I like my women... Fast and Clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 AM
PSN Local

Re: Batery light off and on?

voltage regulator / alternator is going bad. you should get your alternator load tested

'96 F-250 XLT,x-cab,4x4,BTS,363k,dana60,Swamps175/173s,Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP,CPR Fuel system,rear discs,4" dp to 6" exhaust,twin 6" stacks,Tymar, Boost Pyro Tranny and white-faced gauges,I/C,onboard air,HX mod,TW 6-position chip
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 AM
R.I.P

On mine it does the same, it is the single wire/plug on the top. If i wiggle it around so it has constant pressure on it, no light. But it comes and goes sometimes a month others constantly on but I talk a load tester and multimeter to it regularly and everything always checks out ok. Hope this helps and hope you get it worked out

1997 F350 7.3 Powerstroke, 4x4, 135,400 miles, 4 1/2" up front 2" out back, 35" Kuhmo M/T's, 3" dp, 4" with no cat, K&N, Triple Auto Meter Gauges, IDM Mod, rebuilt E4OD, Beans Tunes

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Clean the blade and pinch the plug on the top of the alternator to improve the connection and I'll bet that will resolve the battery light coming on..

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 AM
PSN Local

Unplug the plug to the voltage regulator and see if the pins are melted... mine were at one point!

1995 F-250 7.3L 5 Speed, 4" Lift, 35" Toyos, Straight Pipe, DIY 6637 Intake, TS Chip with PHP Tunes, Glowshift Gauges
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
DAMN THATS HOT!

Ill check these out. thanks guys.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?"

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
DAMN THATS HOT!

Well I pulled the plugs with the alt and looked fine good connections. But now the light is on constantly. Probably pull the alt and get it checked out? or is there anything else I should check?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
DAMN THATS HOT!

went and got a new alternator. fixed it. The other one was toast. P.S. make sure the one you get has 8 ribs not 7.... dont ask me how I know...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode