Water Pump Re /Re - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Water Pump Re /Re

Pump shaft has developed a leak...was wondering what prefered water pump I should install, and the best place to buy the clutch fan tool ...
I will also be doing a flush and replacing hoses / belt / thermostat and everything else thats needed...thanks in advance for any input

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Offical Puddle Displacer

Send a message via AIM to pstroke96
Re: Water Pump Re /Re

the international pump would be ideal but its $$ and takes some modification and gives you a coolant filter. a ford pump would be 2nd. then a napa one if your on a budget. you can rent the tool at most parts stores and you can bring it back and get most if not all your money back. or if you have some friends with a machine shop have them make you one

Refugee
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The Ford pump is like 250... how much more is International ? we pay 10-20 % more for the same parts here in the Great White North .....At least our money is the same now so I only have to consider shipping .
How much modification are we talking about ? Is there a write-up on the International pump installation ? I like the filter idea ...not much room in a Van engine bay as it is ...Thanks for the response

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 PM

I paid $210 for a new International pump from Napa. There is a hose and couple of fittings you need to purchase along with the new filter but well worth the money in my opinion.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
PSN Local

i went with the napa unit. Lifetime warranty so i don't mind spending a aft to replace it again if t goes. I also installed a coolant filter shortly after. If the pump goes again i will be getting rid of the factory fan and clutch and going electric. Thats allot of weight on the water pump or may change it sooner if i stumble across the parts cheep
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrock View Post
i went with the napa unit. Lifetime warranty so i don't mind spending a aft to replace it again if t goes. I also installed a coolant filter shortly after. If the pump goes again i will be getting rid of the factory fan and clutch and going electric. Thats allot of weight on the water pump or may change it sooner if i stumble across the parts cheep
This can be a good option if you have a fetish for changing water pumps. The NAPA one is nice cause its a lifetime warranty, but you may end up changing it every 2 years....

96 XLT ECLB. 6.0 intercooler. 4" aero turbine, gearhead tunes. Coolant filter & CCV mod. SD Dana 60 3.73 3.5 RSK V-codes, 35 inch toyos, 18inch M/T classic locks. 260000Km
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 05:24 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krause View Post
This can be a good option if you have a fetish for changing water pumps. The NAPA one is nice cause its a lifetime warranty, but you may end up changing it every 2 years....
Thats why i plan on switching to electric fan at some point. That is a lot of weight hanging off the front of the water pump. Hoping with removing the fan and having the filter i should hopefully have no probs but if i do dosent take long to change out with air tools.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
PSN Veteran

This what's going to happen to your NAPA/Airtex water pump....

This is also a write up I did when I converted mine.

Int'l water pump w/ filter...installed - PowerStrokeNation

Billy T.
[email protected]aol.com

'97 Black F250HD SC 3.55s, Punisher trans, PI Converter, Dana 60 RSK w/ V & C SD springs,
PIS 175/80s, HB Jr, Comp910s, Smith Bros PRs, ARPs, Fluidampr, IC, E-Fuel, CJC Traction blocks, HFHV IDM, T4/BASB, 262K

Other vehicles
-1987 Buick Grand National (Staged)
-2004 Mercury Marauder
-1993 Geo Prizm (beater)
-2016 F350 DRW Utlimate
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Offical Puddle Displacer

Send a message via AIM to pstroke96

ive already noticed that with the napa pump my truck is running a consistant 5 degrees warmer now than it did before im hoping this isnt a bad sign once it starts getting hot here

Refugee
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
PSN Local

Mine has been good for 2 years now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode