Motor Problem! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Motor Problem!

I bought a set of hybrids and got them installed today, having some problems. The o-rings were used, but looked great and the injectors only have 8k miles on them. This is about the 8th set I have installed and have never had a problem before now. I got it started, took about 4 long cranks like normal. So I let it idle for about 8 minutes then put it on high idle for couple. Everything was running great, so taking it down the road just cruising the truck wants to shift early and is really choppy at lower RPMS, very distinct at lower rpms then smoothed out or at least seemed to at 2k RPM's. So I get it home and shut it off thinking the tuning didn't like it or maybe a lot of air in the system. Well I get ready to see if it will start again and had to crank on it more than normally would after driving it for 5 miles and a lot of idling off of the start they normally fire back up after some cranking. Well I ended up cranking on it for about 4 more tries and through a code. So decided to stop for the night.

Here are the codes and what they are.

Not sure which one of these Just says P1212
P1212{2} ICP Higher That Expected KOEO

P1212{1}{3} ICP Voltage Not At Expected Level

P0603
KAM Memory Loss

One of these Code was PO344
P0344{2}
CMP/SYNC Counts

P0344{1}{3}
CMP Sensor Circuit Intermittent

Not sure if the CPS crapped out on me while cranking and driving? What would keep it from building ICP? When I First started it took few long cranks then boosted right up to 550 and fired up. When I was cranking the second time it started at 190 something then wouldn't build any higher and just kept going down?

Any Idea would be great. Have searched the Forums and didn't see similar problems right after Injector install.

Thanks,

John

late 99 black CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Re: Motor Problem!

Heard P0603 could be because of the chip?

late 99 black CCSB
post #3 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang

kam is from chip. make sure the ipr sheet metal nut is tight. could be anything, my water filled idm took a dump the moring after i put injectors in the first time. o and make sure the wires in the ipr plug are not touching from the rubber falling out of the back side. not much help but good luck.

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokenstang View Post
kam is from chip. make sure the ipr sheet metal nut is tight. could be anything, my water filled idm took a dump the moring after i put injectors in the first time. o and make sure the wires in the ipr plug are not touching from the rubber falling out of the back side. not much help but good luck.
The IPR is new, along with HPOP and so are the wires running to it, with new connector. I will make sure the nut is tight.

Can bad CPS keep from building oil pressure?
Will also check ICP sensor, but last time I checked no oil was on top of it in the plug.

Thanks for the help.

late 99 black CCSB
post #5 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Also while I was driving, tried giving it some fuel on about mile 4 to see if would quit being so choppy. The duty cycle got to 44% and that was only at like 2200psi. So does that make more of ICP, IPR, HPOP related or just alot of air in the system? Never really had truck run that bad down low after doing injectors, and shifting seemed way to early and truck would lug until higher rpms. Truck has also not dropped into Overdrive early as it did when taking it down the road for first time.

late 99 black CCSB
post #6 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 AM
PSN Veteran

I think you need to get the air out of the system first....

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #7 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Early bird gets the worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95powersmoker View Post
I think you need to get the air out of the system first....
Im with this guy

95 F250
Dana 60 swap
9" lift/40x13.5x20 ProComps
ZF5 swap/short throw/SouthBend CON OFE
Rosewood stage I's
TW live tuned
SD innercooler
AFE CAI
autometer pyro,boost
6" black miters
post #8 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

I have drove PSD with air in the system mulitple times and doesn't feel anything like this. The truck idles fine when it does crank up, I actually got the truck running again about an hour ago took it another 5 miles, let it idle for 15 minutes or so and shut it off. Tried restarting it, same problem.

I also tried giving it some throttle while driving, The icp wont go over 2200 and that was at over 50%DC. So wouldn't that mean IPR is clogged? I took off and tried tapping on it to break free and didn't help, still cranked at idle got up to 300psi with really high DC. Plus when you drive the truck and give it throttle, it shakes, like the damn pump is working really hard, but IPR won't let it flow right pressure

Will try to get hand on working IPR tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

Will IPR from a 95 work? or does the anti drain back feature mess that up?

Thanks for advice so far.

late 99 black CCSB
post #9 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
PSN Local

put paint on your cam sensor, install crank over, make sure the paint did not come off, if it didnt that part is good, if paint is worn, pull motor. idling is not good for working air out. you have to drive it, one way you can tell if u cut a oring while installing is, disconnect the hpop line from the head. screw in a gauge and pressureize the the head, if it holds pressure test other side, if both are good, and you drove the truck for a while you have a drain back issue on oil

Fully built motor, Trans, 400/400, s480, gen3, decompressed, internally balanced, billet rods, mahile pistons, ported heads with valve work, o ringed heads, reg return, the works
post #10 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

What was the first part you were talking about? Paint on the CPS?

Ill have to try to pressurize it if the IPR doesn't fix it.

What is the best kind of gauge to use? How much pressure should you test it too? and what do you use to pressurize it?

late 99 black CCSB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode