Need help bad with 97 powerstroke wichita falls Tx - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Need help bad with 97 powerstroke wichita falls Tx

I am in wichita falls tx and i am having trouble. I need to find either a good diesel mechanic that can help me or someone that knows something about these powerstrokes. I am suppose to head home the 3rd of May and it won't happen if the truck is still running this way. please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 AM
PSN Local

Re: Need help bad with 97 powerstroke wichita falls Tx

whats the issue

97 f250 5speed, extended cab long box, ts chip with wildman tunes, modded IDM, 3in dp 4in exhaust, 6.0 IC, Valair dual disk clutch, Beans fuel system, short throw shifter, tuff country ladder bars
Built not bought

2008 F350 6.4 stock
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:53 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullinstroker97 View Post
whats the issue
97 7.3 need help runs rough - PowerStrokeNation

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It starts and it idles for about 2-3 minutes with the CEL on and dies when i starts right back up and the CEL stays off. It seems like it runs better with the light on and starts to idle rough when its off and knocks a little. It almost acts like it has a miss. I tried using the code scanner at Oreillys and it pulled nothing off of it. I am at a loss.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Harl

Send a message via AIM to Harl

Sounds to me like its you UVCH or the plugs for them are burnt. My truck did the same thing hit an miss with the CEL and that was the problem.

Cody,17
DD-1996 F250 Powerstroke, 5speed, 4x4 ecsb

Mods: GlowShift Gauges-Boost, Pryo, Oil psi and Fuel psi. DIY 6637 Intake, 160/100's, Wildman 6pos, Stage 2 water/meth, D66, TE HPOP, Vailer Clutch, Custom Bars and 5in turbo back....

PT-1995 F350- totaled
Soon to be brought back to a 1992

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Im just curious but what is the best way to find out if my uvch and or the vc wiring is bad? Did yours also die?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpline View Post
Im just curious but what is the best way to find out if my uvch and or the vc wiring is bad? Did yours also die?
Are you at sheppard by chance? I know when I was there last summer, the auto hobby shop was pretty nice. Easiest way would be to grab an multimeter and ohm out the injectors. Check the link below, post number 2. Not sure where you can take it to have it checked, but there seemed to be a few car places down there that have a scanner to read it.

7.3L either injectors or UVCH - PowerStrokeNation

04 cobra - MMR 5.0 stroker, 3.4 whipple, e-85, 30psi of boost when the belt doesn't slip
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Currently converting to 78mm turbo.
96 f-250, diamond eye catless / mufflerless, DIY 6637, white rodgers 586-902, marinco mod, Denso High torque gear reduction starter, led door and dome lights, and PHP hydra for now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yes unfortunately I am at the all mighty SAFB.....I would go to the auto skills center but it has to wait till saturday to do anything major. I am on mids for school and the shop doesn't open till 1 and i have to be at school by 4:30. Do you know if there was any decent diesel shops or anything around here? Im pretty sure Im replacing the icp because it has oil in the connector plug and unplugging it stopped it from dying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode