GPR Any Difference Between Brands? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

GPR Any Difference Between Brands?

Need to get a GPR in the morning, are all GPR created equal, or is one better than the rest? Figure I'll just hit an auto parts store & see if they have any, got o be cheaper than hitting the dealership.

1997 F250 PSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's not a gun-free zone if you get shot while you're there"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yeehaw
Re: GPR Any Difference Between Brands?

we have been running the napa unit in several trucks, no issue thus far
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

You will get a rash of people telling you that if you dont buy the staycor then your retarded...

I get the good old Napa GPR-109... They are about $30-$35 depending on what kind of discount you get at your local Napa...

I have had the one in my truck now for about 60k, and it works like a charm.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 PM

I wont tell you you're retarded if you don't buy the Stancor but will tell you this...

My dad owned my truck prior to me, he bought it new. For the last 5 or so years he had cold start problems, would have to plug the truck in at anything under 35 degrees. I have a receipt from Ford totalling almost $900 for new GP, GPR & UVCH and a receipt from a well known diesel repair shop for the same nearing $600. Ford used a Ford relay, the shop used a Napa.

When I got the truck I checked everything myself. It was the relay. Installed a Stancor and everything has been good for a year.

Compare the specifications and see for yourself where you should spend the money.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 PM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I wont tell you you're retarded if you don't buy the Stancor but will tell you this...

My dad owned my truck prior to me, he bought it new. For the last 5 or so years he had cold start problems, would have to plug the truck in at anything under 35 degrees. I have a receipt from Ford totalling almost $900 for new GP, GPR & UVCH and a receipt from a well known diesel repair shop for the same nearing $600. Ford used a Ford relay, the shop used a Napa.

When I got the truck I checked everything myself. It was the relay. Installed a Stancor and everything has been good for a year.

Compare the specifications and see for yourself where you should spend the money.
Id spend my money on a boss or wetern relay instead. Just as good if not better and cheaper.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Not that you'd be retarded.....nor developmentally disabled...However...... Juss kiddin' o' course.....

Because I live in a cooler climate, would be faced with replacing GPR every year and a half or there bouts and the last time I checked at the Dealership it was a $90.00. So ordered a Stancor about a year and 1/2 ago now and still fires right up...happy happy...joy joy... so far works for me!!!

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM
STILL LEARNING

I have used the WESTERN Plow solinoid in a couple trucks and have had nothing but good results. And it was only $12

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Id spend my money on a boss or wetern relay instead. Just as good if not better and cheaper.
I went with the Stancor because it is rated @ 200 amp continuous where as the Western was rated at 150 amps. Not sure about the Boss as I was never able to find the specs.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Br9050

Stancor.....been working flawless for about 1 1/2yrs
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Where is everyone getting the Stancor or Western? My last NAPA GPR-109 didn't last very long, so I went with an MR99 from Autozone about 4 yrs and 40k miles ago, it just quit working so I am looking for alternatives.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode