Transmission housing ear broke - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Transmission housing ear broke

So I was finally going to start putting my dual disc valiar clutch in, I was removing my zf 5 transmission and went to take the bolts out of the transmission mount on the crossmember, well i found one bolt missing that bolts the transmission to the mout, well i find out the ear on the transmission was broken off by the previous owner, does anyone have any suggestions? It would be really hard to weld since its cast and I dont have the old ear, or can I just replace the rear tail housing of the transmission? or should I just leave it.

97 f250 5speed, extended cab long box, ts chip with wildman tunes, modded IDM, 3in dp 4in exhaust, 6.0 IC, Valair dual disk clutch, Beans fuel system, short throw shifter, tuff country ladder bars
Built not bought

2008 F350 6.4 stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Smart A$$

Re: Transmission housing ear broke

I sent my trans out to be rebuilt and the builder found that the tail housing was cracked. Apparently this crack is common because of bad trans mounts, so he replaced it with a new and improved tail housing. The new housing looks bad-a$$-BEEFY!! The webbing is huge! I'd PM him on here and ask him about your issue.

Dan is a super great guy and he is a sponsor on here. I'd give him a shout.
PowerStrokeNation - View Profile: SoGrand

'97 F-350 CC 5-spd, Pyro, fuel and boost gauges, Banks intercooler, H2E turbo, Adrenaline HPOP, huge clutch, custom ADII regulated fuel system. Should be about 500 hp at the rear, don't know about torque. THIS IS MY BATTLE TANK- Project in Process

4XMayhem.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

awsome man, thanks alot for the help, was the tail housing spendy?

97 f250 5speed, extended cab long box, ts chip with wildman tunes, modded IDM, 3in dp 4in exhaust, 6.0 IC, Valair dual disk clutch, Beans fuel system, short throw shifter, tuff country ladder bars
Built not bought

2008 F350 6.4 stock

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Smart A$$

I don't remember- sorry- it was all billed together with the rebuild. Tell Dan that I sent ya, he is located in Zumbrota, MN so you can't be too far away. Super service there- he has nothing but rave reviews on here.

Thanks Dan - PowerStrokeNation

'97 F-350 CC 5-spd, Pyro, fuel and boost gauges, Banks intercooler, H2E turbo, Adrenaline HPOP, huge clutch, custom ADII regulated fuel system. Should be about 500 hp at the rear, don't know about torque. THIS IS MY BATTLE TANK- Project in Process

4XMayhem.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

o is he part of zumbrota bearing and gear? I was gonna call those guys tomorrow to see, i did send him a pm though so hopefully he can help, im just really pissed up about the whole transmission issue, the truck has been down for 2 weeks now and I HATE driving cars haha

Built not bought

2008 F350 6.4 stock
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Smart A$$

Not sure about Zumbrota bearing and gear...

4XMayhem.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode