Another dead '95 F350 need help asap - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Can a 1 ton do a wheelie?

Another dead '95 F350 need help asap

on the way back to work my "Fuel Filter" light came on less than a mile from work. Not even 10 seconds later truck runs rough and dies. Fuel pressure when the light came on was at 45-50 psi, then i dropped to 20 then back up to 40 then _________ FLATLINE_________ Called the 'ol lady to bring me a new filter hoping it would fix it (we all know better than that ) well she get there drain the fuel bowl, should have opened the lid first but tight as hell to get off, well the fuel looked dirty as all hell. The fuel looked like it had oil in it but dont know if it was dirty fuel or what not. Well replaced filter but wont start. The fuel bowl does not refill so maybe fuel pump went out. I checked every single fuse inside and out all fine. Had to call for a tow which was not happy about to take home. I Am off tomorrow so I need suggestions on what I need to look at. I really need my truck. Is there anyone in the Ft hood/ Killeen area that has and AE to hook up to my truck.

Things I am going to check
-Oil res
-fuel pump-again
-make sure harness are all good

What else do you think I need to check?

'95 F350
IDM mod, FPR shim, 3 1/2" DP and CAT delete, aFe Big Boost, Quad pod-autometer Z seires gauges, 4" straight pipe exhuast, TS 6 position chip from KT performance

"Would it kill you to buy american" Clint Eastwood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
PSN Local

Re: Another dead '95 F350 need help asap

Hopfully it is only a bad pump .....but I think you blew an Injector o-ring....When you get it on the AE scanner check it for IPR psi if it does not reach 500 it is Injector o-ring time...

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

how bad is it to change injector o-rings.
If I have redo I think i will send them off you rosewood for rebuild. If I did that would I need to change turbo or can I keep stock turbo for a bit

'95 F350
IDM mod, FPR shim, 3 1/2" DP and CAT delete, aFe Big Boost, Quad pod-autometer Z seires gauges, 4" straight pipe exhuast, TS 6 position chip from KT performance

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:58 AM
you want some of this?

If the fuel bowl is not refilling I think ya just aswered your own question.
pump went south. Another thing to check if its 95, look on the driver side of the filter housing. Some had a smaller pre-filter. Black plastic cap facing the valley.
Unscrew it and check for debris also. Could be trash in the pickup in tank too.
I wouldnt think injector o-rings would just all of a sudden shut you down.
Fix the fuel delivery problem first, then see what ya got. No sense tearing it all apart just to find out its a bad pump, or trash in the pickup.

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

The "FPR" I know what your talking about, but my FPR is from a 97

'95 F350

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

What else would cause oil to be in the fuel bowl if the injector o-rings arent bad

'95 F350

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

now that I think of it the truck would die if i went WOT then let off real quick before it shifted. Could that be a symtom of the fuel pump going out?

'95 F350

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

bump

'95 F350

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
PSN Newb

I had the same problem three weeks ago, but no oil water insted. put a new fuel pump in run great.

97 F-350 cc 4x4 K&N cold air intake, 3" down pipe, 4" exhaust TS 6 position chip. 94 f-250 cummings in progress.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

well I am going to change the fuel pump today and hope that it works. Might as well clean the fuel bowl and what not as well. Is carb cleaner ok to use?

'95 F350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode