Front End a little low - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Can a 1 ton do a wheelie?

Front End a little low

So I have a 2wd 350 and the front end seems to sitting low, well it is sitting low. I would love to get a lift but dont have $1,500-$2,000 to spend on a lift. So does anyone know where I can get some good springs to bring it back up or even some bigger springs, to lift it a bit like 2". I know I am going to have to replace the shocks as well but needing the springs first. This is going to hurt I know it is but what is yalls take on body lifts? And where can I find them? everywhere I look it says that they cant be used on diesel trucks. If I did do it it would only be 2". Thanks

'95 F350
IDM mod, FPR shim, 3 1/2" DP and CAT delete, aFe Big Boost, Quad pod-autometer Z seires gauges, 4" straight pipe exhuast, TS 6 position chip from KT performance

"Would it kill you to buy american" Clint Eastwood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Hauler!

Re: Front End a little low

its a 2wd what do you expect!?

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

yea yea yea I know I bought the truck for $3k. I needed a truck and I didnt have 9k-13k to buy a 4x4. Military dont pay that good for me to have 2 car payments. Eventually I am going to make it a custom 4x4 but for now I wanna make it the best I can.

'95 F350
IDM mod, FPR shim, 3 1/2" DP and CAT delete, aFe Big Boost, Quad pod-autometer Z seires gauges, 4" straight pipe exhuast, TS 6 position chip from KT performance

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 AM
PSN Local

I have the same issue with my 2WD. About the only way that i can figure to easily raise the front is to use taller springs. Eaton spring can custum make me 2 inch over stock xtra heavy duty coil springs. that 2 inch is all i need to level mine out. they only want 125-150 a spring i think. They go install justlike the stocks too. Just my to pennies.
matt z

Have - 95' F350 PSD, 2WD supercab dually, E4OD, 4:10's, Tymar intake, 3" DP, Bully Dog 4" cat back, CPR fuel bowl delete / E-Fuel, Adrenaline Oil

Want - ZF5, Flatbed
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 FF View Post
I have the same issue with my 2WD. About the only way that i can figure to easily raise the front is to use taller springs. Eaton spring can custum make me 2 inch over stock xtra heavy duty coil springs. that 2 inch is all i need to level mine out. they only want 125-150 a spring i think. They go install justlike the stocks too. Just my to pennies.
matt z
well thanks for you 2 pennies, one mans knowlage is another mans problem solved

'95 F350

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

I looked up Eaton springs and didnt see many ford springs so I am guessing I would have to call and ask about it. I would be niceto raise it 2 inches. For 2in longer springs should I get shocks that are for 4in lifts? or would it not work well?

'95 F350

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 AM
STILL LEARNING

Call Coil Spring Specialties

they made a custom set of lowering springs for my lightning. I am sure they can do the reverse to raise your truck. Just dont get to carried away with too much lift or you will not be able to align it

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
PSN Veteran

I wish mine were lower! It sits so high everyone assumes it is a 4x4, until they see me get stuck in wet grass

How high is yours to the top of the fenderwell?

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

my fron end it so low that you can berly put your fist between the tire and fender (not the inside but the body)

'95 F350

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 AM
International Shakes it..

You could always try these with some new shocks:Moog CC844S - Coil Spring | O'Reilly Auto Parts

They are the stiffer spring/heavy duty rated springs. It should raise it back to stock or a little higher. If that isn't enough you could get some spring boosters. A lot of the F150 OBS guys use them to level out their trucks(4x4).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode