Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Looking for 550 to 600rwhp

6K views 61 replies 14 participants last post by  strokin6L 
#1 ·
What kind of mods should I do to get my truck to 550-600 rwhp? Ive got 190cc rcd injectors. Full egr delete kit. Upgraded oil cooler. Updated blue fuel spring. Airdog II fuel system. 5" exhaust to a 6" tip straight piped. arp head studs and 18mm black onix gaskets. Sct tuner with custom xtreme street and xtreme race tunes. What else do I need and what turbo should I go with. I also have gauges to watch egt's trans and boost.

#3 ·
:whs: but if you do the 64 dont plan to tow much with it. If you want to tow you will need twins. What nozzles do your 190s have??

#4 ·
Im not for sure what noZzles i have. I wont be towing anything. My truck is a dd. what turbo to do recomend on getting I have a $2000 limit on the turbo.

#5 ·
I would recommend the 64mm turbo from RCD. I think it is $2250 but is the whole kit for mounting everything up. I am sure some sponsors on here have something probably less but not sure. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
Can you tell us a little bit about your setup? i.e. turbo specs and injector type and nozzle sizes. How much are you able to tow and over what type of terrain do you tow?

#10 ·
Im thinking about running a water/methanol injection

#11 ·
Im thinking about running a water/methanol injection on my truck to keep tge egt's down. Because all I hear is that ive got to watch the gauges. Do any of you guys think its worth the money to get a kit for water/methanol injection?

#12 ·
I'll tell you, while I personally have not ran water/meth, I have always wanted to. From everything I have read, I think it would be most suitable for towing applications and either drag racing and/or sled pulling. Anything where EGTs can get really high and/or be elevated for a long time. I dont know how good it would work for daily drving but may be ok.

#14 ·
I towed today first time watching gauges whith the 66mm

Just Gota pay attintion.
Sucker runs gooooodddd

#15 ·
i've been using water meth for about 5-6 years with no issues. I have the stage II kit from Snow Performance, but if you want to have more end user adjustability...i'd get the stage III kit where you can control each nozzle. I plan on getting the stage III controller for mine.

#16 ·
your gonna need a turbo first. and if we knew what size nozzles you have it would help out alot!!!!

#17 ·
I have water meth and I use it when Im drag racing and I can see it on my gauge but I have had some problems when I feel like its giving me a little more power but not really cooling me down infact it will raise my engine temp from 186 to 206 with in one pass on the 1/8 mile and it will drop my egts 200 so Im not sure if its better or not now when I sprayed the nos and water meth together it seem to work awsome. Thats my input

#19 ·
I sent an email to rcd to see what size nozzles come with the 190ccinjectors I bought. Ill have that info soon. I havent gotten to drive my truck yet because its in the shop getting all the parts installed. Im thinking about a non vgt 64 or 66mm turbo to set the truck up right. I wish I wouldnt have went with the rcd injectors, because of there track record on used injectors.

#21 ·
yea send them back and talk to the guy above me 04stroker! he gets warren injectors and they are built to last!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 ·
What do you guys think of the rcd vgt turbo that supports 600. I just wa.t to get the best setup for a dd

#24 ·
66 isnt going to spool well on the streets

#26 ·
yea like 205s but those are BIG.

#27 ·
64mm non vgt or 64mm vgt. Thats where im stumped at. which one should I go with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.