Rear-View Cameras For Truck Campers? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Rear-View Cameras For Truck Campers?

I bought my 1995 F350 so I could haul a truck camper around. Anybody have suggestions for good rear-view cameras?

I also understand there are some setups that come with 3 cameras. Do those effectively act as a replacement for towing mirrors, or just give you a wider field of view for the back?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 01:54 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Rear-View Cameras For Truck Campers?

This is what I run in all of our vehicles, they are awesome
Vehicle DVR system with front and rear camera's,
mirror is nice also with video inside the mirror you can look past it and use as a mirror or focus your eye on the video
Decent prices too, we have 4 of these units very reliable, easy to install and work well
Record front and back in a loop so it also acts as a front and rear dash cam

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for the suggestion. I use the biggest Broadway curved mirror for when I don't have the truck camper on, but I'll check the Z-Edge unit out and consider it.

What do you use the front camera for?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 12:03 PM
PSN Veteran

the front camera is for recording idiots who may or may not wreck into you
The Z edge mirror is HUGE like 11" wide when not using the video....your eyes will adjust so you can focus on the video or look "past it" and watch the mirror itself
It also has a battery in it and a memory card. So lets say you are inside Oreillys getting oil and some a hole backs into your rig...the Z edge will come on and start recording...then you can take the mirror itself over to a cop and show them the video. These are really quite great, already used it once to turn in some idiot who decided to jump in front of my wife and start brake checking her in the excursion while she was doing 70 in A 55!! We had video showing him riding up her rear, passing, and then almost causing a wreck with 3 kids in the truck! Idiot...I bet he doesn't do that again! Not when you think everyone around you is recording you....guess what some of us are. CSP thought it was pretty neat

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 08:38 PM
PSN Local

Ive got one of those cheap "Peak" kits, camera monitor and it is the wireless type. It works and that is about all i guess i care about, and of course it was cheap.The whole thing was easy to install, the camera connects to wireless "sender" and the monitor in the cab connects to it. No wires from the camper to the truck. When Im in the camper i can bring the monitor inside with me and can see who might be out side behind the camper if there is a need.
I think if i were going to do it again i would probably go with something like 410 has with the monitor in the mirror, having the monitor on the dash or any where you can see it is kind of a pain.
Ive been looking at the android head units from china, that may be the cleanest install for me since i want obd2 and nav also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode