Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

overhead console into an XLT

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cantrellc123 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2000 XLT F-350 and was wondering if it is possible to install the overhead console from a lariet into an XLT. If so what all is involved? If I do this I will also be installing cab lights while I am into the top of the cab.

#2 ·
cab lights are stooopid easy to install, the plug's already in the kick panel f or it, as for the overhead console thats a mess that i myself wouldnt waste my time, do you want a thermometer? or a lie o meter?

#3 ·
I actually like both. I figure that the lie o meter probably paid for the lariet package on my other truck as I would try to improve my mileage by watching the lie o meter.

Have you done this install?

#5 ·
As Donnie said, cab lights are easy to install. I installed the recon smoked lights on mine, I also put the overhead console in mine, but I cut and molded it to hold 2 guages where the lie meter used to be, and still kept the cubby hole. The holes in the cab roof for the tabs are already in the the xlt's, all you have to do is cut the headliner, and if you were wanting to use the lie meter you would need the wiring harness.

#6 ·
Thanks Guys, this is the info I was looking for.

#7 ·
How does a stock Ford item become an aftermarket upgrade?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.