Firewall Routing - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Trailer Puller

Firewall Routing

I need to finally get around to installing the EGT probe that Adam at First Coast sold me. A search comes up with plenty of threads about where to drill the manifold, but information is slim on where to come through the firewall.

I see a couple promising locations. One is only about 8" away from where I'll tap the manifold - it's on the floor behind the gas pedal and looks like the shift cable runs through it now and there is plenty of room to run something else through. The other is on the other side right under where two large bundles of wires run through now - there's a grommet there with nothing going through it. Some insulation would have to be cut away to use this one.

So where do you come through for this and any other wires that you need to run?

Thanks.

'11 F350 CC LB 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Steamfighter

Re: Firewall Routing

Ran mine through the grommet for the e-brake cable. my probe has a braided lead , so not too worried about chaffing . Just notch it with a razor knife and it seals back up good .

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Proud Sponsor

any of those rubber grommets on the firewall can be used. As Brian said above,just make a small X with a knife and route the wire through..

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Captain Negativity!

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

Is it a probe the uses 2 wires that bolt together? If so, and you aren't using any of the 4 wires (Red, Blue, White, Black) in the harness that already pass through you could use those and not add anymore holes through the firewall.

Email:

Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Proud Sponsor

The insight probe does not use the two bolt deal like the edge juice.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Captain Negativity!

ISSpro uses the split wire as well.

Email:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Steamfighter

The Edge probe has a long section that has a braided stainless jacket . No splices , plugs directly to the Insight harness.

2006 F350 6 wheeler. some mods done thanks to First Coast Diesel Performance , but more to come!! .
Steamfitter local 602 Washington D.C.

2005 F250 OVERLOADED WORK HOSS
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Captain Negativity!

The Autometers will use both types depending on the model of the gauge. I need to replace my probe for my Phantom II. It decided to give up when I was racing a newer chevy GTO on the highway.

Email:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Proud Sponsor

Its been giving up for a few years now...

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Captain Negativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
Its been giving up for a few years now...
It's more important to watch the road in front of you at 130 than look at the temp.

Email:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode